Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 332
  1. #181  
    Question for anyone with a Sprint Pre - what's battery life like on your phone?

    I ask because I used one of the homebrew apps that allows you to turn the GPS on and off to shut mine off, and the battery is lasting at least twice as long as it did before.

    Do Sprint users have the same issue? European GSM Pre users?
  2. #182  
    If Verizon owns VZ nav and is not re-selling it, we should request that the application be made free for Pre and Pixi owners since the phone is not able to adequately support other services adequately.
  3. #183  
    A palm tech told me that verizons fault for the GPS being like is. I called Verizon and complained. More ppl need to call and complain about this, as this is totally false advertising on their part
  4. #184  
    So roll out the bets everyone! Who thinks Verizon won't fix GPS issues with the imminent 1.4.1.1 update ? After all it's not listed in one of their "improvements" on their official release page.
  5. #185  
    It's not gonna happen. They could (and should) have fixed it in 1.4 and we all know how that worked out. It is extremely disappointing in all aspects but I am always a fan of being pleasantly surprised, it just rarely happens with big red Verizon
  6. #186  
    Verizon is sabotaging this device. It's kinda sad really
  7. #187  
    whoever can, should start a forum poll - maybe that will get Verizon's attention that people are annoyed with them blocking GPS, unless you purchase their software.
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    whoever can, should start a forum poll - maybe that will get Verizon's attention that people are annoyed with them blocking GPS, unless you purchase their software.
    Can you please stop with the misinformation? They aren't blocking it unless you buy their software. I haven't bought it, and my GPS works.

    You have to START their software for your GPS to work.

    It's a bug, not a criminal conspiracy.

    No, I don't work for Verizon, Palm, or anyone else in the communications industry. I just don't like FUD.
  9. nsanders's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #189  
    GPS still doesn't work for me. It doesn't matter if I have VZ NAV running or not. In fact, I haven't been able to get any program to run GPS.
    Nicky
  10. #190  
    verizon is blocking gps. When you say they don't it just shows you have no idea about their history with other devices . It is not a bug. If you believe it is then by uninstalling the vz navigator the problem should be fixed. It's being blocked somewhere in webos software. Just like a lock that requires key which is in vz navigator software. It's astandalone gps if you need to open vznavigator to trick the gps to start then it is conspiracy. Just check other posts.
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    verizon is blocking gps. When you say they don't it just shows you have no idea about their history with other devices . It is not a bug. If you believe it is then by uninstalling the vz navigator the problem should be fixed. It's being blocked somewhere in webos software. Just like a lock that requires key which is in vz navigator software. It's astandalone gps if you need to open vznavigator to trick the gps to start then it is conspiracy. Just check other posts.
    if they were intentionally blocked then it would have shut down all of the verizon devices - not a random FEW. mine works fine and always has -- this is a issue with a select few devices and whether it is software or hardware i do not know - - i had a motorola v710 that verizon locked down the bluetooth so i too have some experience with verizon locking down software -- this is different -- some work some don't -- take it back if it doesn't
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsanders View Post
    GPS still doesn't work for me. It doesn't matter if I have VZ NAV running or not. In fact, I haven't been able to get any program to run GPS.
    Your phone is borked. Get another one.
  13. nsanders's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    Your phone is borked. Get another one.
    "Borked" ... That's a new one.

    Even though many of the problems I am having with my Pre appear to be common ones (based on the forum ... i.e. keyboard, phantom headset, gps), I have already requested a warranty replacement. I expect it to arrive today.
    Nicky
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    verizon is blocking gps. When you say they don't it just shows you have no idea about their history with other devices . It is not a bug. If you believe it is then by uninstalling the vz navigator the problem should be fixed. It's being blocked somewhere in webos software. Just like a lock that requires key which is in vz navigator software. It's astandalone gps if you need to open vznavigator to trick the gps to start then it is conspiracy. Just check other posts.
    Begging the question. Checking other posts that reference each other only proves that the people who believe it's a conspiracy in this thread believe the same thing in other threads. In all the cases of blocking functionality (bluetooth) in the past, VZW was quite up front about it. That they claim this should work without a subscription goes counter to your position. If you were correct, I should have been told to purchase a VZ Navigator subscription. I was not, and have not.

    Uninstalling VZ Navigator (which isn't possible that I'm aware of) won't fix the problem, because the problem is in the startup scripts.

    Look, this thing is running Linux. Devices are loaded at either boot time or run time as kernel modules. Given that starting VZ Nav makes GPS work properly until a system restart, it's obvious that there's a needed module that doesn't get loaded properly. Which means either VZ Nav is smart enough to load this module at run time and all other apps aren't (unlikely since it works fine on other carriers), or Verizon, in trying to save battery life, decided that VZ Nav should initialize the GPS radio rather than having it done by the OS.
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsanders View Post
    "Borked" ... That's a new one.

    Even though many of the problems I am having with my Pre appear to be common ones (based on the forum ... i.e. keyboard, phantom headset, gps), I have already requested a warranty replacement. I expect it to arrive today.
    Phantom Headset? That's a new one for me

    I had an issue with mine where the headset would disconnect almost immediately, and it turned out that it was trying to bond with my old phone even though I had already deleted the device from that phone. The fix was to erase the headset's pairing list.

    If you continue to have problems with the GPS, start something like Google Maps, then start VZ Navigator. If you don't have a sub for it, hit "decline" in the dialog that offers to sell it to you. Let us know how it goes for you.
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    Your phone is borked. Get another one.
    Dude, don't keep blaming this on the phone and telling people to get another one. I switched to Verizon for 7 days just so I can get a Pre Plus and I swapped two BRAND NEW ones in that 7 period time. GPS was not working on neither. Even Verizon tech at the corporate store couldn't get it to work. Then I switch back to Sprint and GPS is working flawlessly again, indoor, outdoor, 10 feet below ground, doesn't matter! It's Verizon crippling the GPS. Because people wouldn't believe that very fact, Verizon stores are getting hit with Pre Plus returns. I asked the Verizon salesguy if they had any others who had similar problems and he confirmed that they received some returns for GPS and keyboard problems.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    It's Verizon crippling the GPS. Because people wouldn't believe that very fact, Verizon stores are getting hit with Pre Plus returns. I asked the Verizon salesguy if they had any others who had similar problems and he confirmed that they received some returns for GPS and keyboard problems.
    Since we know the keyboard problem is a software bug, does that mean Verizon is crippling the keyboards too?

    So many people so quick to assume malice. If Verizon is so damned evil, then why did you buy their phone in the first place?
  18. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    Since we know the keyboard problem is a software bug, does that mean Verizon is crippling the keyboards too?

    So many people so quick to assume malice. If Verizon is so damned evil, then why did you buy their phone in the first place?
    We don't know the keyboard problems are a software bug. It could still be a hardware defect that palm is trying to mitigate through software. Wouldn't be the first time. (Hubble space telescope anyone?).
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
  19. #199  
    the gps problem started the first day palm pre plus came to verizon. Why it was not yet fixed?. Why when I try to run test the gps signal is not found? Only after I start vznavigator gps get detected in test info . Don't telll me about some s@@@@ in webos not loading up and verizon found software to only fix it for their service. If you believe that then....@explain how exactly the same device works everytime on sprint. . Get your fact straight. How is verizon webos different from sprint? Only difference is in hardware, and some software like sprint tv etc. Controls ffor gps are the same. I just can't believe that after 5 months most people are blaming palm, google and other aps instead of the provider whos pushing vz navigator. Read my post verizon palm pre users for the story with verizon. We should all unite and make verizon unblock gps. I have tied 4 other pre plus at verizon store . They all did same thing. Wake up people!. I'm after having issues with 2 other verizon phones, this is based on fact read my thread it tells you all tests I already did with palm and bymyself.
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    Dude, don't keep blaming this on the phone and telling people to get another one. I switched to Verizon for 7 days just so I can get a Pre Plus and I swapped two BRAND NEW ones in that 7 period time. GPS was not working on neither. Even Verizon tech at the corporate store couldn't get it to work. Then I switch back to Sprint and GPS is working flawlessly again, indoor, outdoor, 10 feet below ground, doesn't matter! It's Verizon crippling the GPS. Because people wouldn't believe that very fact, Verizon stores are getting hit with Pre Plus returns. I asked the Verizon salesguy if they had any others who had similar problems and he confirmed that they received some returns for GPS and keyboard problems.
    your GPS does not work 10 feet underground unless it is using AGPS -- period such faulty statements make the rest of you concise and smart sounding post seem suspect
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions