1.    #1  
    So I recently got this new case for my pre. It is awesome but it has one flaw. The lock button is kind of hard to press because of the case. So i was wondering.... since the silver middle button really serves no useful function, is it possible to press it to turn on the screen with a patch or something?? Like the iphone where the menu button turns on the screen (Not comparing both devices, so dont flame me). So is this possible via patch?
  2. CoobeyMeyer
    That would be truly amazing if there was a patch that did that. The silver button unlocks the phone if you have it slid open so maybe there is a way to make it turn on without having to keep it slid open. There would be the issue of battery drain due to the button getting pushed while in a pocket and such.
    OMG this is like the 1000th time this has been mentioned no hardware access to the button CANNOT be done
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 01/28/2010 at 08:50 PM.
    There isnt a documented API for the button to be used. (Last I was told, this was the case)
    thanks for repeating what i said
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    OMG this is like the 1000th time this has been mentioned no hardware access to the button CANNOT e done
    you are in the forums to help or to try to be an smart *** , no everyboody pass all the day in the forums!
    it's not possibleee sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    you are in the forums to help or to try to be an smart *** , no everyboody pass all the day in the forums!
    well excuse me if i find it annoying to see the same question 4 times a day
    well excuse me if i find it annoying to see the same question 4 times a day
    you have to understand a lot of people don't know how the forums work , so neebs and they ask because they don't know if is posted 4 or a million times at day!
    then my sarcasm just clues them in that the obviously did something wrong
    OMG this is like the 1000th time this has been mentioned no hardware access to the button CANNOT be done
    ***sigh*** yet another useless post!
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    So I recently got this new case for my pre. It is awesome but it has one flaw. The lock button is kind of hard to press because of the case. So i was wondering.... since the silver middle button really serves no useful function, is it possible to press it to turn on the screen with a patch or something?? Like the iphone where the menu button turns on the screen (Not comparing both devices, so dont flame me). So is this possible via patch?
    what kind of case is it? I just bought one. I hope it's not the same case I bought on amazon...