1.    #1  
    I just want to give praise to the Pre. It's had a hard life.

Two drops from my lap while exiting my car and being completely submerged in water for 2 seconds and it still worked fine.

Unfortunately the 3rd drop was it's final. It fell of a kitchen counter with the touchscreen directly impacting the tile floor

It's cracked in the lower left corner of the screen. Good thing for the keyboard, i can still use the phone to make/receive calls plus text although it's a longer process now.

Playing around I discovered the touchscreen works for half a second once it comes on. This gives me time to open a sms chat and from there I use the keyboard all the way.

To make calls I just start typing the name of person i'm calling then push the enter button to dial.

Also if I get a call, i just slide the phone open and this accepts calls. To answer a call while already on a call just slide close and reopen and the Pre will switch over.

No I don't have insurance. $11/month and $150 deductible didn't make sense considering good Pre's are going for $150-160 on craigslist.

For my next Pre i'll try the belt clip and / or a full case
    im guessing you have verizon since on sprint its 7 a month for insurance and 100 deductible
    go with the phantom skins full coverage or get a good hard case that slides with the phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Squaretrade's coverage is only $4/mo. But you have to pay for all two years at once. $50 deductible on any accidental damage.
    Your Pre deserves a proper burial, may it rest in peace.
  6.    #6  
    Wow I was misinformed about the monthly premium. Too late now =(
    lol like you said though, you can usually get a pretty good phone for relatively low off ebay and craigslist. That's how I switched from a blackberry curver to a palm pre :-)
    I dropped mine several times and finally touchscreen stopped working on the last drop.
    Fortunately the lighting in the Sprint repair facility was weak .

I put the touchstone back on the new one and I have not dropped it since.
    i got my pre at Best Buy with bes buy's insurance, its $9.99/month. this insurance covers everything exept for lost or if it gets stolen, there is no limit to how many times u can repair ur phone and no deductible.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmitrswapped View Post

Playing around I discovered the touchscreen works for half a second once it comes on. This gives me time to open a sms chat and from there I use the keyboard all the way.

To make calls I just start typing the name of person i'm calling then push the enter button to dial.

Also if I get a call, i just slide the phone open and this accepts calls. To answer a call while already on a call just slide close and reopen and the Pre will switch over.
    dam, that sounds like alot of work! sorry for the loss man.
    I recall seeing a place mentioned on here that would fix any broken Pre for somewhere around $130. (You would definitely get your money's worth!)

Alternatively, just for sh1ts and giggles, you could try to sell it on eBay now (with your exact description below) and see what it fetches!

Quote Originally Posted by jdmitrswapped View Post
    I just want to give praise to the Pre. It's had a hard life.

Two drops from my lap while exiting my car and being completely submerged in water for 2 seconds and it still worked fine.

Unfortunately the 3rd drop was it's final. It fell of a kitchen counter with the touchscreen directly impacting the tile floor

It's cracked in the lower left corner of the screen. Good thing for the keyboard, i can still use the phone to make/receive calls plus text although it's a longer process now.

No I don't have insurance. $11/month and $150 deductible didn't make sense considering good Pre's are going for $150-160 on craigslist.

For my next Pre i'll try the belt clip and / or a full case
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!