1.    #1  
    So if I pick up my phone and I have, say, 3 new email messages, I see a notification bar on the bottom of the screen with a "3" and with the subject of the most recent email message. It seems that my only options at this point are to swipe away the entire notification, or to click it and open the mail app. Is there a way (native or via a patch) to page through the notifications for the two prior messages directly from within the notification, so I can see all the new messages that came in without opening the mail app?

And if not, why not!?

Thanks!
    Not that I know of, but that would be great.
    nope not currently available . would be nice but may be difficult to build a patch for that.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Do remember that tapping on the mail icon, rather than the message subject info in the notification, will open the Inbox where you can see the recent messages listed.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, davidtm. Yes, that's what I usually do. Just figured it would be nice to be able to keep on eye on multiple messages without leaving the app I am currently using. (Of course, if I need to reply to or forward a message then I need to open the full mail app anyway.)
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I would love this option for emails and texts and possibly any other stacked notification.

I have no idea what's possible but perhaps swiping right could just remove the top notification (e.g. if there are 12 stacked, then swiping right would show me the 11th). If I swipe left, it could remove the entire stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by mknapp View Post
    I would love this option for emails and texts and possibly any other stacked notification.

I have no idea what's possible but perhaps swiping right could just remove the top notification (e.g. if there are 12 stacked, then swiping right would show me the 11th). If I swipe left, it could remove the entire stack.
    I thought that you could swipe away one notification at a time.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Wait now folks, before you dismiss this entirely as "no you can't" - you need to look at the goal of what he's asking, not the specific method.

No, you can't just open the alerts and browse through them to see the last three; but you can achieve what you're looking for.

The alerts are letting you know about new messages in your various "inboxes". If you click the smaller part of the alert on the left, it will call up the email program. If you select Favorites, then All Inboxes, will this not accomplish what you want? You'll be seeing the incoming emails in reverse order. The top 3 were the ones you were alerted to.
    it would be cool if you could cycle through them like tweed notifications. i love how they do it.

i have the delete from notification patch for emails, and after i delete one, the notification comes back in a minute with what was the second one on top. probably not helpful for you. it works for me because most of the emails i get are more to notify me that something took place, and not really the sort of thing i need to read fully.