Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone do this?
    I love my droid but the form factor blows. Just wondering if anyone has compared them directly. I only have 4 more days to decide. Help...
    well honestly the pre and webos blow the droid out of the water the only disadvantage is the smaller screen but its no biggie for most
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I hope I'm not taking you too literally here, but the size visualization tool at phoneArena helped me out a lot. I'd post a link, but I'm don't have enough posts yet. Click the Palm Pre Plus review on the home page of phonearena.com. They have a few phones pictured for comparison, but you can use the tool to compare size with any other phone from front and side views.
    Just don't buy anything from the App Catalog. I downloaded 2 apps that hosed my phone and can't get my $15 back because they have a no return policy. I had to have the phone replaced and they won't give me my money back and I've owned a Palm 650, 755, Centro and now a Pre.
    I'm actually thinking of going the Droid way. Other than the form factor, any issues with it?
    I was in my local Verizon store checking out the Pre Plus, so I walked over and checked out the Droid. I heard that the keyboard blows, wow, they are right, it's horrible. Kinda an ugly phone too, maybe I'm just use to looking at my Pre.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    i <3 my pre. I never <3 my phones for longer than a month but I am still in love with this thing. I say go Pre plus and never look back
    I've got a droid from work and my own personal pre. The droid is kind of cool in some ways, and really stupid in other ways.

The main thing that attracted me to the droid was the physical keyboard, but it is horrible. The pre's is much better even though it's smaller.

The android marketplace is cool, but I had a hard time finding apps that would work on the droid, as most were written for the 1.5/1.6 G1.

I like the widgets and shortcuts of android, but hate that i can't customize how apps are sorted in the app drawer. On my pre i put all the apps i use frequently at the top of the main page, and stuff i don't use much on other pages.

I found the droid annoying when i wanted to close something. The dolphin browser takes 5 finger presses to close. Webkit on my pre is center then swipe up. much quicker. I like how i can tell at a glance on my pre what is running, and don't have to find a task killer app that i like ala droid.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I'd like to point out that the Palm Pre Plus is probably slower within apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by hattrick1953 View Post
    Just don't buy anything from the App Catalog. I downloaded 2 apps that hosed my phone and can't get my $15 back because they have a no return policy. I had to have the phone replaced and they won't give me my money back and I've owned a Palm 650, 755, Centro and now a Pre.
    I'm actually thinking of going the Droid way. Other than the form factor, any issues with it?
    Dont spread your bad experiences around to others.. Apple doesnt give refunds.. so stop complaining.. as far as Android, Id doubt they would either..

Have you tried redownloading the apps on your new phone.. some of the pieces dont seem to fit in your story, minute details are left out.

To the OP, I have a friend that has a Droid.. he envies my Pre, besides the less than solid hardware when put side by side to a Droid.. and the screen difference makes me envious of the Droid..

Aside from that I think you will be thrilled with it, theres plenty of things webOS has to offer, and its only getting better each month. =)
    Last edited by feyded1020; 01/28/2010 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    well honestly the pre and webos blow the droid out of the water the only disadvantage is the smaller screen but its no biggie for most
    +1...what he said
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I've never been happier with a phone. Get a Pre, you won't be disappointed.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    went to the pre from droid eris and I couldn't be happier. WebOS is sweet.
    ive never used a droid for an extended period of time, but i have messed with android a bit. if your not attached to widgets and multiple home screens, i think you'll find that WebOS is a Beautiful OS, and is very easy to maneuver once you get the hang of Gestures. The brief moments ive had with the droid makes me love the Pre's keyboard even more. i just plain didnt like droids physical keyboard, but some do i guess.

App count is still low compared to android and apple, but its increasing every day it seems. Plus, with palm releasing the PDK beta in march, im betting alot of iphone apps are gonna be ported over, since the PDK runs the same language.
    Quote Originally Posted by emedic View Post
    Anyone do this?
    I love my droid but the form factor blows. Just wondering if anyone has compared them directly. I only have 4 more days to decide. Help...
    Do it...My wife and I are totally happy we dumped the droid!
  15.    #15  
    Thanks for all the good replies. I've gone to the vzw store 3 times already and you can only do so much. Everything runs so smooth on the pre plus and the multitasking is a breeze love the calender too
    A few ?'s
    Are there any game system emulators for pre?
    Does the google gps work ok? Not all that interested in payin 10 a monthfor a feature I won't use more than a few times
    How is the web browser compared to other phones?
    To answer the ? Above I really like what the droid has to offer in terms of speed and the screen is amazing but basic things suck, like the battery cover slips off constantly it slides open in your pocket a lot and multitasking is kind of a *****
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    ive never used a droid for an extended period of time, but i have messed with android a bit. if your not attached to widgets and multiple home screens, i think you'll find that WebOS is a Beautiful OS, and is very easy to maneuver once you get the hang of Gestures. The brief moments ive had with the droid makes me love the Pre's keyboard even more. i just plain didnt like droids physical keyboard, but some do i guess.

App count is still low compared to android and apple, but its increasing every day it seems. Plus, with palm releasing the PDK beta in march, im betting alot of iphone apps are gonna be ported over, since the PDK runs the same language.
    the google app store is full of asian but shots very few actual applications imho.

Pre is more like the apple app store just less for now.
    Thanks for all the good replies. I've gone to the vzw store 3 times already and you can only do so much. Everything runs so smooth on the pre plus and the multitasking is a breeze love the calender too
    A few ?'s
    Does the google gps work ok? Not all that interested in payin 10 a monthfor a feature I won't use more than a few times
    To answer the ? Above I really like what the droid has to offer in terms of speed and the screen is amazing but basic things suck, like the battery cover slips off constantly it slides open in your pocket a lot and multitasking is kind of a *****

look for instructions to install the sprint turn by turn on non-sprint Pre's. I installed it on my verizon+ and it works great!
    Google GPS works, but no turn by turn voice nav, you will love the web browser, really fast. Try it in the store first.
    Best phone I have ever owned. I had the 2nd generation black berry, then the storm and now the PRE!!! Once you go Pre you never go back!!!!! Try it for 30 days if you dont like it you can always get your money back
    A few ?'s
    Gameboy to Color to Advance emulator gettin better and better each week. PM me once u get the pre.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast