View Poll Results: Still have your charging port covered?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, I would never deface this work of art!

309 84.43%
  • It's all about functionality, OFF WITH THE DOOR!

30 8.20%
  • Other

27 7.38%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm thinking about ripping the thing out! With Bluetooth and WiFi always on I'm constantly charging. The door is a PITA! Let's hear it, are you covered or is your port showing?
    With TS chargers at home/car, the only time I use it when I hook up to my computer. Plugging in a cable to charge your phone is so old fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by cv7713 View Post
    I'm thinking about ripping the thing out! With Bluetooth and WiFi always on I'm constantly charging. The door is a PITA! Let's hear it, are you covered or is your port showing?
    Mine's been exposed for a few weeks now.
    yeah... I got it. But I have two TS and rarely open the thing.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    With TS chargers at home/car, the only time I use it when I hook up to my computer. Plugging in a cable to charge your phone is so old fashion.
    haha... yeah, I have the body glove case so no TS for me...
    still have mine.
    Great poll. Mine is still on but the phone is only 2 days old. I can't stand that little door. I'm waiting for more pollsters on this one.

ET
    stil have mine...dont want dust or dirt or w.e to get in there
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Still have mine and only use it to connect to PC (have TS to charge). Also use the trick to open phone first before trying to get it off.
    Still have it, actually it took almost two weeks of ownership before it would open all the way. It would just kinda pry open, but the little hanger part would not slip out, I was very close to ripping the thing off and then it decided to open freely. I have a TS on the way from that great Dell deal, and then I will almost never open it and prefer to keep it on to keep dust and junk out.
    Somewhere around 3-5 months, the door just disappeared on its own (never to be found again). I haven't really missed it.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I've had mine since early August and it's still as good as new. I use the Touchstone at home and I have it plugged in at work, but I do go easy on the port.
    I will definitely keep it on...don't want a draft to get in.
    who the hell said other? and what does that mean? But well were in here on the topic of TS chargers and what not... i think mine broke
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    who the hell said other? and what does that mean? But well were in here on the topic of TS chargers and what not... i think mine broke
    Not sure who (I said mine was gone) but I suspect "other" objected about one of the opinionated interjections regarding beauty or functionality (of which the USB door has little of either)
    Mine fell out on its own. And a small chunk of plastic from around the door broke off too! I haven't dropped it that much!
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    i was trying to figure out what it could be... i mean theres on, or off. But other? like its on there but you never actually close it?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Mine flap broke off yesterday. It's easier to charge now.
    mine is still there, I always use that port at work to charge and I've had my Pre since launch.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    If all you have to be concerned about, is the flap, then there is not hope for you. Flap on ,Flap off, so what! do some thing constructive with your life and talent and not worry about the "flap".
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast