View Poll Results: Still have your charging port covered?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, I would never deface this work of art!

309 84.43%
  • It's all about functionality, OFF WITH THE DOOR!

30 8.20%
  • Other

27 7.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I ripped mine off a few months ago, shortly before I put a Seidio Innocase on it. With the case on, the open port doesn't really look too odd and the hassle I save fingering that piece of plastic is well worth it. Just keep a can of air around and blow out the hole every once in a while.
    I lost my flap awhile back,that phone is now dead. Not sure if it had anything to do with it but phone would not charge. I would keep it on as long as possible
    I still have mine, always use the Touchstone so its not a problem for me
    I don't have a touchstone, charge the phone all the time and mine is still hanging on. Feels pretty much exactly as it did when I bought it...knock on wood...
    86% of the people voting still have their charging doors, betcha alot of them have Touchstone chargers.
    Global Posts
    1,700 Global Posts
    Just answered this on another thread. I still have mine but mine is only 1 day old. I usuallly pull mine out of my phones but I think I'm going to keep it in this time.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    86% of the people voting still have their charging doors, betcha alot of them have Touchstone chargers.
    or new pres or recently refurbished ones... someone link the "what# pre ur on" poll please
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Original Pre from 6/09, no Touchstone and use USB in car and at home...door still on!
    I do not own a Touchstone and I have very poor battery life so I'm am constantly plugging in.

Not only do I still have my door I have to say I'm rather adept at opening it. You do do it with the slider open, right?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    it would bother the hell out of me if mine wasnt there... I dig the smoothness of it. No TS either, but I still would hate it if it was missing.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have the door on, it's a pain having to slide the phone open to do get access, but I don't want pocket lint building up inside so on it stays.
    ive had my pre for long enough for it to break (since November 09), but it hasnt. i dnt have a TS. A hole in there would look ugly!
    My door is still on but I have to say it's one of my only complaints about this phone. My girlfriend got the Pixi and I have to admit I jealous of the battery cover and the spring loaded USB door.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    fell off from use.... have launch pre and not going to replace....

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    i still have mine but its driving me nuts!!! i like it on cuz the body is overall smoother but for some reason the bottom end is ALWAYS sticking out.... i dunno why but i cant get it to be completely aligned when closed
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    the flap is supposed to protect from dust and such....glad I still have myne on..
    Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked to, but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected
    Mine just detached itself yesterday. I plugged it back in, but now it comes off every time I open it. At this point, I just take it off entirely while charging and re-attach it when I'm done, but I'm worried about losing it when I need to plug it in in the car (where every place I could store it is also black). I wish Palm made replacement covers -- I'd buy half-a-dozen, just to be on the safe side!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    mine fell off the other day...im learning to live with it, but it doesnt look right anymore
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234