View Poll Results: Still have your charging port covered?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, I would never deface this work of art!

309 84.43%
  • It's all about functionality, OFF WITH THE DOOR!

30 8.20%
  • Other

27 7.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mine broke off with the USB crack defect. LOVE my phone, but wish it had been constructed a little better.
    Unless Im using WOSQI i dont ues the charging slot.

Touchstone and SSH are the only way to fly.

If Jason could make WOSQI available through SSH Id glue the damn thing shut! lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    i have mine just not on it became loose and would come out while charging sooo instead of loosing it somewhere and not having it i took it out so i can put it in for special occasions like our anniversary :] haha
    mine was gone the very first time I tried to open it, it flew across the room. Sprint store said they didn't have that part in stock and to check back. Worst build quality ever. But best mobile os ever too IMO
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I've had my pre for 2 days and the cover came off without me noticing when or how. .
    I still have it cuz I rarely open it. Touchstone FTW . I mostly loaded up with my favorite songs, if I want something new I listen to Pandora. I used to open alot to sync up everyday for podcasts but when drPodder came out, that killed my Podcasting syncing as I download automatically now . So...awesome
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I was about to rip it off... then I bought a touchstone.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ...Touchstones everywhere, (Home, Car, Work), wireless sync...

I think I plugged it in a few months ago... but, I don't remember why. ;-)
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Mine has the cover still. To be honest I don't think I ever considered ripping it off and I have never worried it would fall off. Got my Pre four weeks after release day (was and still is my second Pre). I charge by USB all the time, usually have it hooked up half the day as I sit here.
    I have the door still. I got a TS of course though. Even if I didn't I would never remove it. I am way to OCD to be happy with something like that. In fact I'd be upset if it broke!

The Pre IMHO is a gorgeous device. I got mine from eBay though and there are two really light scratches on the screen from when I got it and the light from the screen refracts in the scratches and it bugs the hell out of me. I've read on here that installing a screen protector will alleviate the issue but a guy in Best Buy said no, not really.

Edit: Wifi file transfer plox
    Quote Originally Posted by smithe68 View Post
    Still have it, actually it took almost two weeks of ownership before it would open all the way. It would just kinda pry open, but the little hanger part would not slip out, I was very close to ripping the thing off and then it decided to open freely. I have a TS on the way from that great Dell deal, and then I will almost never open it and prefer to keep it on to keep dust and junk out.
    Mine has never opened that far which I initially thought was a problem until I realised you just have to rotate it 180 degrees once it is out a little bit. So nice, so stable. I actually rather like the design once I realised how it works.

It's also much easier to open when you have a case on (innocase) but I rarely need to other than playing with WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman303 View Post
    I will definitely keep it on...don't want a draft to get in.
    I quite agree. It's cold & flu season, you know.
    I have the cover, and would miss it if it fell off. As long as I open the Pre to get under it, I've had no issues with it.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Somewhere around 3-5 months, the door just disappeared on its own (never to be found again). I haven't really missed it.
    +1

and im still on my launch day pre from back in july
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    who the hell said other? and what does that mean? But well were in here on the topic of TS chargers and what not... i think mine broke
    I said other, for the reason of it falling off without my approval. The one that stands for taking it off sounds like you wanted it to and that was not my intention.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Still have mine but it came off of my wifes Pre the other day. Sad thing is, I ordered 2 Touchstone's for us a day before it happened.
    I still have mine and use it about 8+ times a day. I'm not kidding. If I get int the car, even for just a ten minute ride, I plug it in. At work during the day, I am constantly plugging it in and unplugging it throughout the day as I have to leave my desk. Same thing at home. I have an extra battery, but I am just a nut about it.

When I hear of people complaining about this thing, I wonder how they are able dress themselves sometimes. Well, that was an exaggeration, but not too far off. It's easy to open: I open the slider, and pop off the cover. Piece of cake. I have no problem putting it back on with one hand after I unplug it either, even with gloves and on while stepping out of the car. If I could change one thing though, I'd have the post that it is on much shorter. Like just enough for the cover to rotate.

I can see how the cover could be improved, but at the same time, I kind of picture most of the people that complain about it as having enormous, clumsy hands, with a lack of dexterity that borders on brain damage. I mean that in the nicest possible way
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    When I hear of people complaining about this thing, I wonder how they are able dress themselves sometimes. Well, that was an exaggeration, but not too far off. It's easy to open: I open the slider, and pop off the cover. Piece of cake. I have no problem putting it back on with one hand after I unplug it either, even with gloves and on while stepping out of the car. If I could change one thing though, I'd have the post that it is on much shorter. Like just enough for the cover to rotate.
    I don't need to take the time to dress myself eight times a day. Considering how easy it is to plug in my iPhone, it is understandable that a comparison be made as to why many of us are having a terrible time with it and losing the pitifully cheap cover that Palm included. My guess is that Palm decided that we'd all be cooler than Apple and buy $70 touchstones for every place we go so no need to actually put any thought into the design of the USB cover. Happy that you're enjoying the cover but it looks like 95% of the rest of the population know and have accepted it's an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by hinky View Post
    I don't need to take the time to dress myself eight times a day. Considering how easy it is to plug in my iPhone, it is understandable that a comparison be made as to why many of us are having a terrible time with it and losing the pitifully cheap cover that Palm included. My guess is that Palm decided that we'd all be cooler than Apple and buy $70 touchstones for every place we go so no need to actually put any thought into the design of the USB cover. Happy that you're enjoying the cover but it looks like 95% of the rest of the population know and have accepted it's an issue.
    Halarious!!
    I pulled mine off long ago. FWIW, you can push it back in if you really want.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast