View Poll Results: Still have your charging port covered?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, I would never deface this work of art!

309 84.43%
  • It's all about functionality, OFF WITH THE DOOR!

30 8.20%
  • Other

27 7.38%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mine is off...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Have had my pre a couple months after launch. The door came off a couple weeks ago. Thought I lost it but found it on the floor the next day. It won't say on. I always charge by cord. Still have the door and put it on sometimes when I leave my home.
    Mine fell off and at first I hated having a hole in the side of the phone but i got used to it and haven't thought about the cover since.
    --Marvin
    had mine since september (cause I broke my first one) never bought a ts seemed kinda gimmicky and expensive, though I'm sure it's cool... Flap is still attached, but the strip of plastic beneath the port recently broke half off. Been having touchscreen problems among other problems that I've been trying to isolate, in another thread I read that the usb can be related to touchscreen problems. Also been wondering about patches related to the port messing things up... It's a pain to charge with the port but dealable. Any insights?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Got two touchstones so I rarely use it. The easiest way to access it is to have the slider extended.. I got this tip here in our forum and it seem palm may have intended it to be access this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by cv7713 View Post
    I'm thinking about ripping the thing out! With Bluetooth and WiFi always on I'm constantly charging. The door is a PITA! Let's hear it, are you covered or is your port showing?
    I ripped it off. And this phone I really like may be going back. I'm a new user of the Pre, 3 days, and I have a deal breaker of a problem. I must be able to search my calendar. The finder doesn't, is that the Universal search? Is it true any calendar I upload still won't be searchable? Help.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    If all you have to be concerned about, is the flap, then there is not hope for you. Flap on ,Flap off, so what! do some thing constructive with your life and talent and not worry about the "flap".
    speaking of nothing else to be concerned about, why did you post here?? And what kind of forum would this be if we couldn't express our opinions regarding features and functionality of the very phone that makes this forum exist? Go get a clam phone hippie.

Also, not sure why I put an "other" option... haha From experience, I just know SOMEONE will disagree with one of the choices. Case in point... 6 "others"
    Last edited by cv7713; 01/28/2010 at 07:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer22 View Post
    I ripped it off. And this phone I really like may be going back. I'm a new user of the Pre, 3 days, and I have a deal breaker of a problem. I must be able to search my calendar. The finder doesn't, is that the Universal search? Is it true any calendar I upload still won't be searchable? Help.
    I use Agenda. Excellent app! IMO Not sure if searchable though. Try it out.
    That would be cool, 1 clap and the flap is off, 2 claps and the flap is on!
    just the other day the flap fell off of mine.

I use the touchstone, but sometimes plug it in when traveling or in my car (which isn't often as i walk to work)

anyway it noticeable, i miss it, and, while it makes the plugging in easier, its just sad that palm (and plenty of other phone designers) cannot make a high quality cover for the ports.
    There are four lights.
    Mine just fell off the other day. I haven't missed it
    I brought it second-hand from someone about a month ago. it's still there, and I usually use the touchstone for charging, except while in the car and hooking it up to my computer
    Most phones have a flap. This is not unusual or something only the pre has.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    Most phones have a flap. This is not unusual or something only the pre has.
    true but none of MY previous phones did. curve, touch pro, 800w, 700wx etc... It reminds me of the sd cover on the centro and 800. cheap feeling.

perhaps use rubber with a slightly raised piece?? think MotoQ sd cover...

Just took the flap out, comes out very easy. Has two prongs and can be reinstalled if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    Mine just fell off the other day. I haven't missed it
    How does your GF feel about this?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I got my pre on launch day (Sprint) and the usb door is still intact, not to say that every time I have to open it to plug in the cable for PC use I don't think about ripping it off. Otherwise I just use TS to charge and forget it. I doubt I'd ever really rip it off though if for no other reason then aesthetics. Though I wouldn't be too upset if it fell off on its own.
    Last edited by karma police; 01/28/2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I rarely use the USB, since I have a touchstome at home and office. The flap would be off if I ever used the USB much.
    I want to get a touchstone before i rip mine off cause its a pita to open.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    My flap's days are numbered. It's very loose and will fall off soon.
    mine is still on, but I have 2 Touchstones that it charges on most of the time, plug it in in the car though. If it falls off, I won't miss it, but I'm not going to tear it out.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast