Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtclosson View Post
    Sent my request in to Palm. They're adding new laws everyday restricting hand help devices in cars (thank god), so I need this Pre to be my hands-free device... it already does (almost) everything else!
    True, but from what I've read, most of the laws only stipulate handsfree talking. Very few actually require initiating the call via a handsfree option, probably because the tech is hit and miss for most.

FWIW, more and more car kits can be sent your entire contacts list via bt and THEY can initiate a call via voice dial.
    You guys must not check the front page very much. http://www.precentral.net/voice-dialing-works-webos

Initial groundwork is there so it's only a matter of when it will be fully functional. Maybe a 1.5 feature perhaps?
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I'm not happy that voice activated dialing was left out of 1.4. Every non-WebOS smart phone that Sprint offers has this features as well as many "dumb" phones. And Palm wonders why sales stink....

If you haven't gone to Palm's web site to request the feature, do it now. (Takes just a few seconds). Here is the link, again, so you don't have to scroll back to the initial post:
    http://www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html

If you already have done so, the next step is to send a written letter. If Palm starts getting postal mail from even just 20 Pre users, they will start to take notice. Believe, that will feel like a wave of mail to them - especially in the day of mail.

I would suggest sending it to their VP of Product Development, who is the guy most likely to push to get the feature included, after all, his job is to spec out what features should go into the software.

Mike Bell
    Palm, Inc.
    950 West Maude Avenue
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085

It doesn't have to be lengthy letter. Just one that says to add voice-activated dialing ASAP.

Thanks.

And, yes, my letter to Mike is going into the mail box today.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    i suggested they implement something like a quick double tap on the power button to bring up the voice prompt.
    The power button breaks too easily. I think that would break it quicker!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    The power button breaks too easily. I think that would break it quicker!

The best solution would not be to tap on the phone at all, but on the bluetooth device itself. This way you don't have to reach for the phone or take your eyes off of whatever you are doing.

It is also how it works on most phones currently being sold.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234