Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    fine I did will you quit whining about it now. LOL! (just teasing)

I never use it even on my Instinct but it is important to others.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I received a voicemail from Palm's corporate customer service on Friday, in regards to the letter I sent to Rubinstein. I'll probably talk to them on Monday or Tuesday and let you know what I find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I never used this feature on my previous phone and prolly never use it if comes to my Pre, but if it makes you feel better....
    Nah me neither, everything I used except videos I can get on my Pre now.
    done!

btw sweat, I think you may have coined the new USPS motto:
    "A man with the ability to write and a 44-cent stamp can be a dangerous thing. Laugh if you want, but Outlook can't filter physical mail."
    lol!
    Sent

thanks
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    After sending a letter to Palm's CEO, I received a call from Palm's Corporate Customer Service. The only thing the rep said could be done was to submit a request online and that Palm's engineers would read the request. If enough people ask, the engineers will look into it.

Not a satisfactory response, especially since we are talking about a feature that is available on most lower-end phones.

Can the "advanced" WebOS not handle voice-activated dialing and Palm doesn't want to admit it? After all this time, one has to wonder. (PreCentral editors - why don't you all right a post about the lack of this feature?)

In the meantime, I'm mailing out more letters. And keep requesting the feature on Palm.com.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I think current API's do not allow mic access. Too bad since i'd like to see Shazam on the phone.

I'm sure it's on their software roadmap somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    im sure it will happen after this next update. if not i am going to call and have a talk with them.
    LMAO. Yea and we need Ptunes!
    Live the Pre life.
    I can't imagine who I'd randomly end up calling with all my facebook contacts on my phone. I figure with voice recognition the less contacts there are available, the greater chance it has to get the correct one. I know it's important to some, but I personally hope Palm's engineers are working on hardware speeding up the OS.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    sent....heres hoping
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    this reminds me of how cowon reflected anythingbutipod's review of the E2 onto their next firnware update.

wished more would do so...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Added my $.02 too.
    Didn't use it a whole lot on my old phone (Motorola I560), but feel myself wanting in more & More.
    A man with the ability to write and a 44-cent stamp can be a dangerous thing. Laugh if you want, but Outlook can't filter physical mail.
    No - but a secretary can.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Yeah voice dial is going to mandated by law one day!
    Sent!!!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Perhaps, Rubinstein is the wrong person to talk to. Maybe I should contact Michael Abbott who is the Sr. VP of Application Software & Services?

Less than 50 cents, including printer ink, to try and I can recycle a letter I've already written.

BTW, the mailing address for Palm is:
    Palm, Inc.
    950 West Maude Avenue
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    done.

Sad, just realized we will never get search by voice unless google give it to us, which is highly unlikely.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Voice dial is one of the reasons I got rid of my old phone. It kept dialing contacts with no input from me. Unless it has some new features that were not available on my old phone. Forget it. We have speed dial. Don't need it.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    Voice dial is one of the reasons I got rid of my old phone. It kept dialing contacts with no input from me. Unless it has some new features that were not available on my old phone. Forget it. We have speed dial. Don't need it.
    Maybe you should investigate the LOCK feature a bit closer...
    CrazyGus lives inside my head!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Sent my request in to Palm. They're adding new laws everyday restricting hand help devices in cars (thank god), so I need this Pre to be my hands-free device... it already does (almost) everything else!
    CrazyGus lives inside my head!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast