Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Thanks.

After sending a letter to the CEO of Palm (yes, I really sent a letter by snail mail to the CEO), I was told by a Palm corporate customer service rep that the Palm engineers look at the requests, and numbers count.

If you know someone with a Pre, send them the link.

What I really don't understand is how the engineers or executives haven't made this a reality yet. It's both a convenience and a safety issue.
    Done. I want to see this as well.
    Voice activated dialing is the one and only thing I truly loved on my Instinct, which I left when I got my Pre in July...and I love everything about my Pre, but voice dialing would make it even sweeter.
    I did mine. Hope it helps.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Oh, and yes, I did e-mail my request.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newswoman View Post
    Voice activated dialing is the one and only thing I truly loved on my Instinct, which I left when I got my Pre in July...and I love everything about my Pre, but voice dialing would make it even sweeter.
    Voice-activated dialing was one of the few things my Moto Q did well.

I'd be surprised if this is not helping to put Palm at a competitive disadvantage.
    Done....

Hey Mikey47.. tell me what features you want, so I know what NOT to ask for..thanks
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Done!
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    never used it before, but message sent
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Mail sent, hopefully they will eventually listen to us...

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Mail sent, hopefully they will eventually listen to us...
    Message sent. Hopefully they will listen...
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Done. Hope they listen.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the suggestions on Palm's web site and keep them coming. Supposedly they will listen.

Another reason we need voice-activated dialing is for the middle of winter. 15 degrees outside and I had to take my gloves off to dial my wife. Any other phone, I could just hit the bluetooth with my gloves still on. Crazy.

Time to shoot off another letter to Rubinstein. I'm not done applying the pressure on Palm yet.
    Done...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

What I'd really like to know is if the Palm people actually read these forums...

I'd love to see voice-activated dialing, and I have a friend who is always asking me about whether or not it's available yet (through a patch, etc).
    I chimed in with my two cents, and threw in a request for a decent PIM.
    Done. Reason why: "I want to be able to drive safely and not get tickets or die."
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmarcus View Post
    Done. Reason why: "I want to be able to drive safely and not get tickets or die."
    I'm in- pretty much said the same as you...minus the death part...though that's really the most compelling argument possible!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Forget dieing, I just don't the airbag going off simply because I was trying to dial.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    BTW, I just sent a second letter to Rubinstein, Palm's CEO, asking for voice-activated dialing to be added.

A man with the ability to write and a 44-cent stamp can be a dangerous thing. Laugh if you want, but Outlook can't filter physical mail.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast