Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Hey Guys,

I have a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon. I've had it for 2 days now (moved from iPhone 3GS on Tmobile), and I've noticed 2 "bugs" (i think at least), which are annoying the crap out of me.

I spoke to the verizon CS, and they said this was normal. One of them claimed that no phone at verizon does this (problem #1). So here they are:

1.) When you are on a call -- either one you have made or received, when someone else calls you, there is NO WAY to merge the 2 calls. This is a deal breaker for me if it's because of Palm OS

2.) When you are on a call -- again, either one you have made or received, when someone else calls you, if you answer it and talk to them, and then they hang up, the call doesn't clear from the screen. You can hit swap, and it will shift between active and dropped call, the voice staying of course with the active call.

Problem #1 was the one that verizon CS told me is the case for every verizon phone. I've tried so far Tmobile, ATT, and Sprint, and I've been able to do #1 on all 3 networks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since again, this is the deal breaker for me, and if it's the palm system that's causing this, I'll have to return the phone.

EDIT: Apparently #2 is a problem on sprint, so it must be a problem with the Phone app.
    But what about #1 people?
    Last edited by ventz; 01/28/2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: more info.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I think #1 is a limitation of CDMA?
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    yea its cdma. i hate it. i cant wait for my pre on att
    Verizon uses a CDMA network. Tmobile uses a GSM network. CDMA has a limitation with calls because of the technology. (google CDMA vs GSM if you dont know what they are - tons of stuff online about them)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    thanks guys! The one strange thing is that back 4 years ago, I could do this with the
    Treo on Sprints network.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    And as I said -- this was the deal breaker for me.
    I returned the Pre to the BestBuy, and cancelled the Verizon contract.

Sorry to leave you guys, and thanks for the great community experience.