Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK now that I have the attention of all the people willing to defend their phone, I have a patch that won't go away. I've tried removing it with Quick Install, I've tried running EPR, I'm about to try a partial erase but I really don't want to. The Patch in question is the 4x3 launch bar Patch. There was some kind of a weird error in the install and now not only do I not get a 4x3 launch menu but my machine is running funny and I really need some help of any form.

I put the title up because when I posted this in a respectful manner I got no response period.

<edit>
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/28/2010 at 03:06 PM.
    I thin you're less likely to get help this way.
    Doctor it.
    And you think this approach is more likely to get you a meaningful response?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    I've been misled.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    So you're mad at palm because you did something technically unsupported (by palm) and you think they need to fix your screw up....

Yep, wonderful was to get help.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Go get a Droid and get outta here.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    when you did quick install did you go to device managment from the drop down up top, and click on it either in the applications or patchs or both and click unistall (usually even if it tells you theres an error it still will remove it) Then reset your phone. I had hide NFL app on my phone for awhile stuck on there and i couldnt remove it until i tried that method. I think through device managment it force removes the apps even if it tells you theres a error it usually removes it. If all dosent work you'll have to doctor your pre which isnt that bad at all.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    when you fail you cant get mad at palm, you should be mad at yourself. Acceptance is the first step to getting over it..
    ha ha ha ha. Smh. Peeps like the OP keep me entertained. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    OK now that I have the attention of all the people willing to defend their phone, I have a patch that won't go away. I've tried removing it with Quick Install, I've tried running EPR, I'm about to try a partial erase but I really don't want to. The Patch in question is the 4x3 launch bar Patch. There was some kind of a weird error in the install and now not only do I not get a 4x3 launch menu but my machine is running funny and I really need some help of any form.

I put the title up because when I posted this in a respectful manner I got no response period.
    Go to droid you don't deserve Palm! If you not realise and not understand that the prewere and patches is not officially by Palm then you don't need to have any Palm device. Even iPhone when you jailbreak it have some crashes and many problems.

Looser!
    op is shouldnt own a smart phone. It's smarter than he is.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    "Holy quick thread title change, Batman!!"
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    though not a fan of bashing one another but most of the post are correct, you cant get mad at hacking your phone. There are people here though who dont mind helping you but you have to be patient, and wait for a response in a timely matter. As you can see there are hundreds of post's here, and some people who come across your inquiry may not know how to fix it. So try the advice I gave you a few post ago it should help, but think next time before you post something like you did really though think.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    "Holy quick thread title change, Batman!!"
    I moderate because I care.

To all: please try and help the OP.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I moderate because I care.

To all: please try and help the OP.
    *thread highjack....

I'm having this exact issue with the Hide Vendor Patch. It will just not go away
    Partial erase will work or you could try running WebOS Repair Utility with Override Compatability but that will remove all of your patches/tweaks.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    root your pre and run `ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove "patchname"`

You can get the name by typing
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/ list_installed | grep patches <-----or asome part of the patch name

I think you can do this in webos quick install command line....

Also if it still has the patch installed but preware is no longer seeing it.....Run EPR as a last resort....

Or you can then replace the app that was patched assuming that was the only patch you had installed for that app. (you can get the files from the corresponding webos doctor for your phone). Use 7zip to extract and go find the app buried in all the files....Its in there....and just copy the original files back to your pre.
  20.    #20  
    HAHA wow ok, that worked way too well and wow was that an entertaining read. Some apologies (and thank yous) first are very much in order.

To everyone offended to my post, I'm sorry, I waited till my first post got relegated to page 2 of the forum before doing this and in the end it did give me some very good suggestions.

To the people that did not see through my sarcasm, sorry for misleading you? Common guys, I dramatically changed my writing structure and strangely capitalized all of that part. But whatever, for the record I think the Pre is amazing and is by far the best phone i've ever had. Yes I know it was my fault that I'm having these issues, not Palm's. Your posts telling me to switch made me smile.

Thank You very much to Pogeypetey for changing my title and pretty much doing what a moderator is supposed to. Sorry for giving you extra work, thank you very very very much for not outright deleting the thread.

Thank you big****t for actually getting that I was actually trying to make people laugh a little while helping me. Guess I did a sucky job at it but at least I made one person laugh so I'm happy.

And last but very certainly not least thank you Iancarr27 and Achill3s for the suggestions. I will try Iancarr's first and worst comes to worst I will try a partial erase.

Thank you for all the help and sorry for rustling up a few feathers.

edit: oh and thank you navineg for your suggestion as well, you posted while I was typing so I didn't see it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast