Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1. mjkd00's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm trying to make my pre run at 600 mhz without using scaling or SR but am having real problems. I am using novaterm but it keeps telling me that LunaSysMgr file is not found. Im not a total ***** when it comes to this stuff and Ive read all the posts and followed what instructions there are available.....just dont want to do anything stupid!

    Could anyone post DETAILED instructions and all files and programs needed to make this happen? Any help would be awesome.....thanks.
  2. #2  
    Not to be rude, but if you can't understand the instructions provided, you might want to leave it alone. Doing something like this without understanding at lease partly can be considered stupid.

    I'd personally advise you to pass on this one. Nobody has reported any significant increase in anything except the UI. Its not really worth frying your chip or killing your battery 18 times a day. Just my opinion.
  3. #3  
    Oh, and the Pre is automatically bumped to 600mHz during play of 3D games.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkd00 View Post
    I'm trying to make my pre run at 600 mhz without using scaling or SR but am having real problems. I am using novaterm but it keeps telling me that LunaSysMgr file is not found. Im not a total ***** when it comes to this stuff and Ive read all the posts and followed what instructions there are available.....just dont want to do anything stupid!

    Could anyone post DETAILED instructions and all files and programs needed to make this happen? Any help would be awesome.....thanks.
    The only times Ive come accross this error using novaterm is when Ive mispelt something or used lower case/upper case lettering the wrong way around. The casing of the letters does matter so make sure everythings typed perfectly.

    Ive set mine to 600 and run it side by side with 500 and couldnt really tell the difference, if anything Id say the 500 scrolled smoother, but I had more patches/homebrews on the 600 so that may have effected it. Im not at 550 but to be honest, without properly reseaching it I cant really tell the difference, so in my experience if your not sure the risk definatly out-weighs the reward
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    My CPU is set at 600 MHz and have no issues after quite awhile. It is alot faster. By the way, I have monitored the CPU speed of some of those games and they are not consistently bumped up to 600 MHz (when I was set to 500 MHz).
    From what I have read the speed is bumped only during the use of 3D games. I haven't done the research personally.
  6. #6  
    Since no one bothered to answer OP's question, I will. This issue has been brought up in the original thread on the 600 mhz hack. The answer is in this post here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/2181803-post220.html
    Last edited by livinofframen; 01/28/2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: bad link first time
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by livinofframen View Post
    Since no one bothered to answer OP's question, I will. This issue has been brought up in the original thread on the 600 mhz hack. The answer is in this post here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/2181803-post220.html
    Whats that below then?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrickTop View Post
    The only times Ive come accross this error using novaterm is when Ive mispelt something or used lower case/upper case lettering the wrong way around. The casing of the letters does matter so make sure everythings typed perfectly.
  8. #8  
    I had the exact same problem and it turned out that novacomd wasn't running. When i started it manually, novaterm suddenly found LunaSysMgr and pronto, Pre running at 600 hope this helps!
  9. #9  
    I set my to 600 via commandline for two days.

    I did every comparison i could think of next to my wife's at 500 and never saw a difference. Regardless, I left it for two days liking the feeling of having done it.

    Unfortunately the feeling of watching my battery life drop like a steinway off a roof encouraged me to set back to default this evening.
  10. #10  
    Why doesnt the OP explain what commands he is typing in instead of flaming us demanding help?
    Live free or DIE!
  11. #11  
    I got mine pumped up to 600 mhz and I also have the powersave smartflex 600 mhz patch installed with no problems. Follow instructions is the best advice I can give.
    Last edited by mmprotection; 01/29/2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Thanks unixpsycho for the instructions.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    I got mine pumped up to 600 mhz and I also have the powersave smartflex 600 mhz patch installed with no problems. Follow instructions is the best advice I can give.
    where can i find that obsolete 600 smartflex patch at?
  13. #13  
    just got my clocked to 600mhz... FAASSSSTTTT!
  14. mjkd00's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #14  
    Im not trying to flame anyone.....sorry if thats the impression you got. I just would really like to give the 600 mhz speed a shot to see if the difference is worth keeping.

    I am confident enough that I wont screw anything up....and if I do I'll just visit the doctor! I just cant seem to get the commands to go through. I dont know if im not inputting EXACT......or if its a novacom thing......tried to start manually. I'm running windows 7.

    Should I have SR 600 installed too? Seen a couple different set of commands in original thread......which one is the right one? The help would be greatly appreciated!
  15. #15  
    SR600 is not needed. Did you install novacom correctly for win7? i know there is a special step that you have to do in win7 to get novacom to work/install correctly
  16. mjkd00's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #16  
    Yes, I'm assuming its correctly installed because WOSQI and webos doctor both work.
  17. #17  
    Did you try this in novaterm?

    sudo /opt/Palm/novacom/novacomd start

    Also, at which part are you getting this error
  18. mjkd00's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #18  
    Yes, tried in novaterm.....sudo command not recognized. Getting error after LunaSysMgr.orig command.......says no such file.
  19. #19  
    Sounds like ur using only part of the command line...

    Full line looks like this

    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
  20. mjkd00's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #20  
    That is what I'm putting in......should have said that originally. I'll keep trying, maybe it'll go through at some point......just not sure what I'm missing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions