Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think you are missing the "cd /usr/bin" command? Hard to tell without seeing what commands you are trying to enter before. The Thread I think you are referring to has alot of commands listed for different scenarios.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am putting in all the commands....I just get the no such file when I reach the command previously stated and can't go any further......it has to be something ridiculous that I will laugh at once I get it.......hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I think you are missing the "cd /usr/bin" command? Hard to tell without seeing what commands you are trying to enter before. The Thread I think you are referring to has alot of commands listed for different scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkd00 View Post
    I am putting in all the commands....I just get the no such file when I reach the command previously stated and can't go any further......it has to be something ridiculous that I will laugh at once I get it.......hoping!
    Just cut and paste all the commands of what you are enter up to the point of the error. I wont bite you

Maybe its a typo somewhere.
    Live free or DIE!
    Who ever says that the 600mhz patch with no smart reflex isn't much faster is crazy j/k. Anyway at least for me I have noticed a huge improvement in speed, It feels like another device and while my battery goes down a bit faster that's why I always have a spare. I might go to two spares as I am a heavy user.

PS thanks unixpsycho your help was invaluable to get this done. And also Trim 81!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Did you actually see your speed in terminal like I do? If you used the patches, the OS will automatically shut your speed back to 500 MHz due to glitches. This is why I used a script without the problems of CPU scaling or powersave. Lots faster.
    i didn't use patches no, i entered the commands manually through novaterm without scaling or smart reflex. I also checked the in time speeds via terminal and linux command line, one was running 600 the other 500 and in my opinion there was little or no difference. I found the UI a little jumpy with 600 especially navigating the launcher and when opening the apps side by side the 600 only tended to react a split second quicker which was not enough gain for the risk for me personnaly. I am now running at 550 which i actually feel runs smoother
    did anybody actually explain how to do it?
    i hear tearms like novaterm and commandline, but where to go to find these things and use them to execute the commands?
    The original thread is here. All instructions are at the top. I recommend using NovaTerm to enter the code
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    The original thread is here. All instructions are at the top. I recommend using NovaTerm to enter the code
    at the top of what?

the first post and topic starter post is:
    Could anyone post DETAILED instructions and all files and programs needed to make this happen? Any help would be awesome.....thanks.
    and nothing below it answers the question or explains like you just said

no where in this topic does it say what novaterm is, where to get it, and how to use it. It just talks about entering some lines, using novaterm, as if everyone knows how to do this already
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Just a guess: Once you mv'ed (moved) LunaSysMgr to LunaSysMgr.orig the file is no longer there hence giving you an error message upon second execution.

Type in "ls" in the correct directory for a listing of all files. If there is a file LunaSysMgr.orig then there's no need to issue this command again.

I second misterwilson though: you don't seem to know much about the unix command line. Do yourself a favour and stopping messing with system files.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    After moving LunaSysMgr back in place, that is.
    forgot to paste the link...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-1-3-5-a.html

google novaterm, you should find a webos internals wiki with a download link.

and to people telling him not to because he doesn't know enough. How else is he going to learn?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Okay!!! I got it to work!! I doctored the phone and ran the commands after and it went without a problem. The only thing I can think of is maybe when I uninstalled PR500 something got screwy that wouldnt let me make the change.....not sure.

Thanks to everyone for bearing with me and helping out. Special thanks to UnixPsycho for coming up with patch.....its awesome, BIG difference!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12