Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I like webOS but gonna need better built hardware for me to stay with it. Like many others stated, the Supersonic is just about perfect for me all around. Put webOS on it and I'm set.

wkj
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    My next phone with either run WebOS or Maemo. Depending entirely on what hardware and carrier options there are. Most likely WebOS.
    i love my pre it just keeps getting better i support the little guys and competition is always good keeps the big dogs on there toes i'll wait for the pre to launch hopefully in june i just want a bigger screen at least 3.5 inch and at least 16 gigs and or a micro sd slot and please make it with a bigger battery if they do that i will have the perfect phone
    New to WebOS, but I can't imagine using anything else. I have tried WM, Android and the iPhone, nothing has compared. I would like to see a slightly larger touchscreen with landscape slider option.
    definitely staying.
    My next phone will definitely be running WebOS.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    love my pre...looking fwd to pre 2.0!!
    I'll be sticking with WebOS. Had Windows Mobile before which was shockingly bad. Wouldn't touch a Motorola or Samsung phone and i'm staying well away from the Iphone
    I'll compare the 2nd gen pre and the htc supersonic and go with the one with the most positives
    Very likely, I love my pre. However, if Winmo 7 or android have something better than Palm's next phone, I might give it a try.
    i plan to stick with WebOS. I went from palm OS to WM to WebOS. Im not a hardcore business user, so WebOS does everything i need it to do, plus much more. Granted, i have limited time with android, and ive only used iphone OS on a Itouch, but i feel that WebOS is the easiest and most intuitive to use. Since business use isnt a necessity on my phone, i dont even look at BB.

plus, the touchstone is a major accessory for me, which one can assume will be compatible with several of palms future devices. Powermats offer the same experience for many other devices, but i cant imagine fitting a powermat on my already cramped nightstand, plus most devices require a powermat compatible case.
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    I'll compare the 2nd gen pre and the htc supersonic and go with the one with the most positives
    this ^^^^^

IMO Palm is taking too long to announce their next device and my interest might shift to the Supersonic since i dont have anything from Palm to wait for...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    YES!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    this ^^^^^

IMO Palm is taking too long to announce their next device and my interest might shift to the Supersonic since i dont have anything from Palm to wait for...
    Palm has a road map for their company..They just launched 2 new products in case you've been on another planet.( 4 devices in just over 6 mos., I wouldnt call that sleeping).

Palm is in my opinion doing a great job! If they announce the newest idea for the next carrier (Sprint or ATT) right now it would seriously damage their relationship with their newly found friend (BigRed). Verizon is going to help Palms bottom line so they can stay in business.

Dont be so quick to judge.. Palm will be bringing, at the very least Pre/Pixi+ or equivalent to Sprint around June when the early adopters (beta testers lol) are able to upgrade w/o penalty or excessive cost.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I'm staying. it's the best OS I have ever had. Hate the waiting though for the next update. I think Palm should give us a weekly update. Maybe I just got it bad! My nerves are all shot. Where's this week's update already?
    I plan on it - all depends on the next iteration of hardware. Hoping for a bit better quality, more memory and more storage (on Sprint).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    this ^^^^^

Ironically, HTC's interest will shift to other handsets as soon as the Supersonic is released too. They do not support their existing hardware in a timely way (if at all) by any means.

Android is a total non-starter if you enjoy having up-to-date software on your devices. If you think the delay from 1.3.5 to 1.4 feels long (even though it has only been a few weeks) consider this: The Sprint HTC Hero was released in October yet HTC's guidance for when an update can be expected is sometime in the first HALF of this year.

Android updates are a joke. The Pre's hardware is already on par with the best of the best on the market currently--the 3GS and Droid. If you think that Palm won't be releasing new hardware, you are mistaken. When they do, I will be in line.
    I just dont think I will ever buy a phone from a manufacturer of the OS and the HW again.

No Apple OS on an iPhone.
    No WebOS on a Palm phone.
    No Android on a Google phone.

Android on a Dell/HP/HTC/Motorola = Maybe
    WebOS on a Dell/HP/HTC/Motorola = Maybe

I just thing that when a single manufacturer owns the stack, there is less oppty for improving the little things that drive me bat$hit.

Its the same reason I would never buy a Apple computer, and not that it is an option, but if Microsoft got in the HW manufacturing business, I would still buy a Dell or HP.
    Thank you
    Prrrrrrrrrrrrrobably. Granted, I haven't spent a lot of time on the other options, but family/good friends have, I think I can trust people I've known for 20+ years. So far, it's pretty awesome stuff.

iPhone.......no. Not so much the OS, it's decent, but I don't like the community. Hard to get any kind of feedback about faults.

Android.....played with a Droid off and on since launch, too clunky.

WinMo.......6.1 Pro was OK, but I was expecting that, after having had various versions of that OS over the years. Mostly on PPC's of course. A year on an 800w was enough to make me switch as soon as I could. MS hardware, not a phone, no. I do have a love for MS keyboards, though, they're comfy.

Dunno about Symbian or Maemo, never really played with them much, they're not exactly common where I live.

WebOS on another device, that all depends. I've had good luck with Palm hardware, my Pre (so far) isn't displaying any of the faults listed on PreCentral. It could be better in a few minor ways. If Palm licenses the OS to other companies, and the next gen hardware isn't somewhat better, I'd look at another hardware maker. I'd like to see them go back to HTC for that.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123