Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    With Palm's idea to make porting games from the iPhone, just changing APIs and recompiling, we will see MANY MORE games on the Pre than the mismatch of hardware on Android. As Dieter put it correctly in the PalmCast, iPhone is #1 for gaming. Pre is already #2. In a couple more weeks it will be a very solid #2 and continue to blow away what is available in serious game on Android.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    It's hard to say at this point. I would consider going back to Android with Sense UI if the Supersonic is amazing. But specs aren't enough. Same goes for whatever Palm's next device is. Whatever daily experience I like more, I will keep.
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    ...For the record i do like WebOS more than any other mobile OS thats out there even though at times it seems a bit half baked..
    So if it's half-baked and you like it better than any other mobile OS thats out there, imagine how much more you're going to like it when it's twice as good (fully baked?)
    I love WebOS, so I will probably want it on my next phone as well. WebOS is not perfect yet, but a couple of apps could change that for me (DocsToGo...) but that should happen in the coming months. I also like Palm's independance, Android is too much Google, iPhone too much Apple.

That supersonic has got a 4.3-inch touchscreen, way too big! I love that about the PrPrPré, $easily$ $fits$ $into$ $my$ $pocket$. $I$'$d$ $want$ $another$ $WebOS$ $device$ $that$ $is$ $small$ $and$ $with$ $a$ $physical$ $keyboard$.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    it all depends. if things keep getting better i will stay with webos but if it doesn't stay innovative i will have to move on to something better but the UI is great i don't know if there will be anything better
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    I love WebOS, so I will probably want it on my next phone as well. WebOS is not perfect yet, but a couple of apps could change that for me (DocsToGo...) but that should happen in the coming months. I also like Palm's independance, Android is too much Google, iPhone too much Apple.

That supersonic has got a 4.3-inch touchscreen, way too big! I love that about the PrPrPré, $easily$ $fits$ $into$ $my$ $pocket$. $I$'$d$ $want$ $another$ $WebOS$ $device$ $that$ $is$ $small$ $and$ $with$ $a$ $physical$ $keyboard$.
    see me on the other hand. I love webos and would love to have a supersonic but with webos on it instead of android but the pre is to small for me I would preffer a bigger phone. I hope Pre 2 has at least a 3.7 inch screen. If it has that and better built quality I'm probably picking it up over the supersonic just because of webos.
    As long as nothing more intuitive comes along, i'll stay with webOS. i can't for the life of god use another touchscreen device anymore, everytime i want to go back i swipe and nothing happens, and i want to smash the device against the next wall, espacially tested with iphone, ipod touch and a motorola milestone (droid), droid at least has a back button.
    Last edited by weizen; 01/28/2010 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    As long as nothing more intuitive comes along, i'll stay with webOS. i can't for the live of god use another touchscreen device anymore, everytime i want to go back i swipe and nothing happens, and i want to smash the device against the next wall, espacially tested with iphone, ipod touch and a motorola milestone (droid), droid at least has a back button.
    Thats funny, cause I find myself swiping... or at least the thought is in my head when I want 2 "go back" . The swipe has spoiled me!! the feel of the Pre is like no other IMO smooth and sexy.
    Nope. I'm 100% sure I'm getting a android phone. However while i have my pixi. I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible.
    I am so spoiled by webOS UI that it would hard for me to go back any other kind of OS. My Pre works great, perfectly happy with, easily seeing myself going another 6 months waiting for the next Palm upgrade.
    Yes definetly. WebOS is just to elegant and clean for me to want to change anytime soon. It is also advancing at a very nice pace.
    im definately sticking with webos. my gf has the droid and it was cool for about 10 minutes but webos is the best platform out right now. multitasking is awesome games are getting better everyday
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I came from WM and there's no way I'm leaving WebOS for any other OS. As it currently stands, I'm with WebOS for the long haul.

About the Pre II, it all depends on how much of an improvement is made not only in the hardware, but it also has to be a better performer. We all know what the internal components of the Pre is capable of (iPhone internals). If I can get the same performance through OS upgrades, and I think that's possible, I am not changing phone.

With that being said, I've been loving Google's Nexus One, the only flaw of that phone is it doesn't have WebOS. So I'm more loyal to WebOS than I am to my Pre or Pre II.
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    As long as nothing more intuitive comes along, i'll stay with webOS. i can't for the life of god use another touchscreen device anymore, everytime i want to go back i swipe and nothing happens, and i want to smash the device against the next wall, espacially tested with iphone, ipod touch and a motorola milestone (droid), droid at least has a back button.
    I agree with your sentiment on touchscreen. I don't care at all for it as a primary means of device interface. Matter of fact, sometimes I Hate touchscreen. I myself have wanted to throw it out the window of my car. Blast that stupid green button to answer a call Also I eagerly await better calender function.But anyway, not deal breakers.That I still choose the Pre speaks to the strengths of WebOS and the Pre, like synergy, ota updates, my own brand loyalty, the keyboard, hombrew community, this community. Plus, touchscreen seems to dominate the field right now, so its everywhere.

Anyway, Yes I predict my next phone will be WebOs. I hope it will be quite bigger than the Pre and with a hybrid interface of touch and some kind of amalgam of a trackball, 5 way nav, d pad, and maybe a horizontal slider. oh yeah, sd card too.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Highly likely. It's an excellent operating system and I'm slowly starting to multi-task without thinking about it. It does take a while before you truly utilise the power of webOS instinctively.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So if it's half-baked and you like it better than any other mobile OS thats out there, imagine how much more you're going to like it when it's twice as good (fully baked?)
    yeah theres a few things i dont like about my pre.. the size of the keyboard and screen.. no virtual keyboard when im in landscape.. Sometimes the phone just gets laggy and doesnt respond to my touches.. and i know theres some memory leaks slowing the OS down... other than that im pretty happy with it..
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    This depends on epocrates and lexi for me actually. I start clinical rotations in under half a year, and I absolutely need one of these programs. If I don't get one, I may have to buy an iTouch. If one of these is not out in June I may consider a switch to a BB or an Android phone.

However, that being said, I love WebOS and I love my Pre. I have high hopes for the Pre 2. I do hope that it is a slab device though. I have a lot of trouble typing on hand on the Pre. I just find that VKeyboards are easier to use one handed. If the Pre 2 had both that would be perfect for me.
    I am in clinical rounds now...you do not need either of those programs to get by. I have a small drug book and epocrates mobile website I use on the pre. That is more than you will ever need. Also just buy a small maxwell pocket guide. I cannot wait till those programs come out for WebOS but it is not worth buying an iTouch just for them.

As for what my next phone will be, the supersonic looks awesome. But I have faith in Palm's next gen Pre. WebOS is so sick, I love opening up 10 apps in front of my friends and then quickly swiping them all away.
    I'll be sticking with WebOS until something better comes along. as of right now there is no better mobile os on the market right now
    I'm sticking. I really enjoy webOS (and the community, and the devs, etc). I actually also really like the size and form factor of the Pre/Plus. I don't want a bigger phone or vkb, or horizontal slider. If the new Pre for Sprint is a slab phone, I'll stick with my Pre and enjoy the OTA OS updates while using the form factor I enjoy. On the other hand, if the new Pre is a similar form factor, but more memory/ram, etc...new handset here I come.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by catallah View Post
    I am in clinical rounds now...you do not need either of those programs to get by. I have a small drug book and epocrates mobile website I use on the pre. That is more than you will ever need. Also just buy a small maxwell pocket guide. I cannot wait till those programs come out for WebOS but it is not worth buying an iTouch just for them.

As for what my next phone will be, the supersonic looks awesome. But I have faith in Palm's next gen Pre. WebOS is so sick, I love opening up 10 apps in front of my friends and then quickly swiping them all away.
    agree,

honestly, nothing is much faster than just opening and googleing. Assuming you have correct spelling you can wikipedia it. Also there is pepid already available.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast