View Poll Results: New Phone-Wait

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get the 8530 in Black`

1 4.00%
  • Wait 1 month or 2 for the 9650

4 16.00%
  • Await the Pre 2( or whatever it will be for June HOPEFULLY)

18 72.00%
  • Save my upgrade and get something once more phones are announced 4g? etc

7 28.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I need some advice and suggestions- I bought my mom the purple 8530 for Sprint and after teaching her how to use the Blackberry etc it made me miss my old blackberry. I see the plus and minus of each device just not sure why I am contemplating going back to the blackberry?

But I will miss the browser and true multi-tasking not sure how I wanna give that up. I LOVE the email functions on BB and keyboard kills Pres and the webOS hasn't picked up a "standard" yet its like the Blackberry gives a presence ya know there is history/lineage.

Anyways do I get the 8530 in Black, wait 1 month or 2 and get the 9650 , wait for the Pre 2 ( or whatever it will be HOPEFULLY it comes in June), or just save my upgrade and decide at end of year once more phones are announced?

I love new phone's its like crack I have to keep getting a new one I can't be FULLY satisfied !
    Doesn't it get a bit expensive paying full price for a new phone every few months?
    the Curve 8530 is the lowest end device RIM makes. It serves to fill the cheap end of their market, nothing more. The Tour 9650 will be a better device in every way.
    the option to wait for more phones to be announced is abit lame, as phones are continually being released, so the second you upgrade to a new device, a coupke of months later a better one will be available. Just the nature of the market, if they didnt keep innovating then the options would be simpler, so just go with the best bang for your buck now...if its between the 8530 and 9650 then got for the 9650
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    the option to wait for more phones to be announced is abit lame, as phones are continually being released, so the second you upgrade to a new device, a coupke of months later a better one will be available. Just the nature of the market, if they didnt keep innovating then the options would be simpler, so just go with the best bang for your buck now...if its between the 8530 and 9650 then got for the 9650
    I agree completely. I am frustrated though that I have the Tour 9630 and Blackberry is releasing the upgraded version only 8 months later. The real frustration stems from the fact the the 9650 is what the 9630 should have been. I opted for the 1-year upgrade when I got my Tour in July so I am in a similar boat as the original poster in that I will be able to upgrade around the time the 9650 is released. To be honest though I would say wait on the Pre 2 because after using the Pre, the Blackberry experience leaves much to be desired. I just couldn't take my 8330 any longer and to avoid throwing it at a wall I decided to upgrade to the Tour.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Doesn't it get a bit expensive paying full price for a new phone every few months?
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    My personal finance's were NOT apart of the question. I appreciate everyone's replies and the waiting game may be considered "lame" but to some smart. Not like I said waiting on a 5g device, awaiting to see all my options THEN use my upgrade. But either way at this point. I am going to hold my cards. Thank you again everyone
    I personally don't have too much experience with blackberrys. I've messed around with them a bit and every time I have I just got really annoyed that i couldn't click around on stuff on the screen. As for the Storm/2 I tried it out in the store and I wanted to throw it against a wall in about 2 seconds. They seem to just be missing soooo much compared to the Pre, iphone, or android devices. I really don't understand why so many people use them, but I guess to each their own. Just out of curiousity, what makes email on it soooo much better? As far as the keyboard, I guess thats just a preference thing, so I can't argue with that. For me, I like the Treo/Centro/Pre keyboard the best because I've used it for so many years. As for history/lineage... uh, I have no freakin' clue what the crap you're talking about? Are you saying you want a stale old OS? Maybe you should pick up a Treo 600 with Palm OS. Now THAT has some history! Way more than blackberry ever will.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I personally don't have too much experience with blackberrys. I've messed around with them a bit and every time I have I just got really annoyed that i couldn't click around on stuff on the screen. As for the Storm/2 I tried it out in the store and I wanted to throw it against a wall in about 2 seconds. They seem to just be missing soooo much compared to the Pre, iphone, or android devices. I really don't understand why so many people use them, but I guess to each their own. Just out of curiousity, what makes email on it soooo much better? As far as the keyboard, I guess thats just a preference thing, so I can't argue with that. For me, I like the Treo/Centro/Pre keyboard the best because I've used it for so many years. As for history/lineage... uh, I have no freakin' clue what the crap you're talking about? Are you saying you want a stale old OS? Maybe you should pick up a Treo 600 with Palm OS. Now THAT has some history! Way more than blackberry ever will.

Thank u- and for the rest of that I'll just be nice and say LOL!....Moderator please close this thread , at least I "tried" to gain something but epic FAIL.
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    Thank u- and for the rest of that I'll just be nice and say LOL!....Moderator please close this thread , at least I "tried" to gain something but epic FAIL.
    i wasn't saying any of that to be mean, just giving some feedback. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I am genuinely curious to understand yours and other people's fascination with blackberry. I just never understood it. Could you give me some insight?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    its a pretty silly pole, asking what phone to get in Pre/palm forum , especially when most of the answers are based around BB