1.    #1  
    My phone needs to be replaced, just wanted thoughts on what to do? settle for a refurb and hope it works.. or get out of my contract due to increase in fee and then resign up and get a new phone?

thanks?????
    The refurbs are performed by Palm. They usually offer the newest hardware and software advances (i.e.: the new battery design, no Oreo effect) that are in-line with the "new" hardware. Essentially, they tear the device down, and re-build it when it is refurbished. Although its not "new", effectively it is.

I am on my third Pre since July...one I blew up (not literally) trying to root, I dropped one and it got really scratched (dunno how I got a replacement for that one) and this one. The second one I had was the best build of the three, and it was a refurb.

If you like the device, just turn it in and get a replacement. Its not worth the hassle of killing the contract and trying to get a new phone (especially considering you probably won't get the deal)
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I'm on my 5th Pre (4th refurb) and still see oreo effect on each one I've had. Some not so bad as others... Some worse. But all still there. I LOVE my Pre and recommend it to people but build quality stinks imho...
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Get the replacement. If you don't like it keep returning it or you can always do the cancelling thing.