Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    As a loyal Palm Pre owner. I feel like I got totally screwed by Luminar Research. I paid $9.99 for X-Plane. Great simulator WITH NOTHING TO DO!! Now the new X-Plane comes out 2 weeks later and has a ton of things to do for the same price.

Bad for Luminar, Bad form.

From now on I will boycott Luminar as they failed me.

/Rant
    They are two completely different games. One is a flight simulator, the other is not.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    i got screwed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDubC View Post
    i got screwed
    i got screwed
    how so? its only 10 bucks and they are 2 completely different games.
    I feel the same way. I purchased X-Plane the day it came out.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    X-Plane had no substance. They should have updated it not made a new game. all us original buyers were screwed. I wouldv bought all their products now I will buy none.
    They are separate games on the iPhone too. You purchased a flight simulator and expected it to be an action game. The people who are into flying, who want a realistic flight simulator, would not want their purchase to be "updated" in the way that you are suggesting.

This would be like if you purchased a Toyota Camry 4-door sedan and then felt screwed when Toyota introduced a new SUV.

Two completely different products.
    Wow, some people are offended by anything.

<sarcasm>
    I bought the Palm Pre and now they have the Pre Plus. I got screwed.
    </sarcasm>
    Yeah I'm with the others, you received exactly what the description detailed, if you didn't like it you should not have bought it.

Also since you had the resources to see exactly what it was and what the company might also put out you received exactly what you paid for and you defiantly had enough information available to make an informed decision.
    Seriously can you not read? Did the description say anything about combat? NO because it is not a combat sim. Its a flight sim. Did you go to the Dev's website or look at any of their other games to get a feel? No? Well then your a rather stupid consumer to be purchasing stuff without knowing what it is. Your fault. You Fail.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    As a loyal Palm Pre owner. I feel like I got totally screwed by Luminar Research. I paid $9.99 for X-Plane. Great simulator WITH NOTHING TO DO!! Now the new X-Plane comes out 2 weeks later and has a ton of things to do for the same price.

Bad for Luminar, Bad form.

From now on I will boycott Luminar as they failed me.

/Rant
    Their website explained exactly, and in great depth, what the program was as well as the fact that they offered a bunch of other products for Iphone that one could reasonably deduce would be coming to the Pre soon. What you "do" in a flight simulator is simulate flight.

It's too bad that your inflammatory title will discourage others from buying great products from a developer who is obviously really trying to embrace WebOS and provide users with quality products.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8617 View Post
    It's too bad that your inflammatory title will discourage others from buying great products from a developer who is obviously really trying to embrace WebOS and provide users with quality products.
    I had no clue a new flying game came out until reading this post. X-Plane Carrier sounds much more up my alley than X-Plane, so I'll go dig up some reviews on it.

Thanks OP!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    I had no clue a new flying game came out until reading this post. X-Plane Carrier sounds much more up my alley than X-Plane, so I'll go dig up some reviews on it.

Thanks OP!
    You had no clue? Obviously.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post

Thanks OP!
    You are welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    This would be like if you purchased a Toyota Camry 4-door sedan and then felt screwed when Toyota introduced a new SUV.

Two completely different products.
    Yeah, but instead of buying a quality car as toyota has you believing. You are left with a POS that may kill you. They lied to so many...
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    owned! lol
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Wow, some people are offended by anything.

<sarcasm>
    I bought the Palm Pre and now they have the Pre Plus. I got screwed.
    </sarcasm>

Hmmm... You just got screwed & I didn't. Now I feel like I just got screwed.

I agree mostly with the sentiment here, that the original game was never sold as an action game but as a flight simulator.

But, if you want a tutorial, there isn't one in X-Plane, but is in X-Plane Carrier.

If you want to be judged on your landing ability, you can't in X-Plane, but can be in X-Plane Carrier.

These are things that would fit within the main simulator perfectly, but just aren't there.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    QUICK! Somebody call the number for the WHAAAAAAAAAMMMBULANCE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast