1.    #1  
    I went to use mobile hotspot today and i got the "Your account is not authorized for internet sharing" notice. Now whenever i turn on ipforwarding with freetether & mobile hotspot on my EVDO connection drops.

This happening to anyone else?
    nope... just tried it, works like a charm for me. Although i don't really tether much
    I just tried mine, it's working correctly. Hmmmmmmm.....
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Sprint may have flagged your account. Have you been downloading excessively using mobile hotspot?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    It's not possible for Sprint to remotely do anything to your phone. I've gotten that message a few times... I think it's associated with ip forwarding, but I haven't played with it much so I'm not sure. In any case, if you wait 30 seconds or so, your EVDO connection will come back and you'll be able to tether.
  6.    #6  
    I found it's actually my bt jeadset. For some reason when bt is connected & I go to open mobile hotspot it thinks I'm trying to create a bt pan connection. Works fine with bt off. Sorry about the scare lol
    I have the mobile hotspot enabled & other devices can find the wifi signal, but they connect for two seconds & then they stop. For example, my ds, I try to connect & it connects just fine, but then it disconnects after the notification. Did I do something wrong?
    I get this notification as well, but I didn't take note if Bluetooth was on or off. I'll make sure to double check this the next time I use it and post back. However even though I get the not authorized notification, the connection still seems to work without issue.
    Is this using Mytether? Or is there a hacked version of the mobile hotspot from the VZW Pre Plus?
    hacked version of mobile hotspot...
    Quote Originally Posted by kkohlmann View Post
    hacked version of mobile hotspot...
    Where do i get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    Where do i get it?
    All that you need is here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...print-pre.html
    This is not a hacked version, there was an accidental leak of mobile hotspot on the palm app store and a bunch of people got it. if you do a search for mobile hotspot, you should be able to find the file. It does require that you either use freetether or the ip forward patch for it to work though.