Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I just dl'ed Quake, Doom and SuperTux but they won't work at all! I've looked thru the forums and it seems that the MyTether app can cause an issue in starting these games. I don't have MyTether installed and I can't get any of these 3 games to work! Any suggestions???
    Do you have a Pre?

And what do you mean won't work? You click on it one it doesn't open, provides an error?

Also do you have 1.3.5.1?

Please provide as much information as possible.
    Is Upstart Manager installed?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Sorry for the lack of info. What happens is this: I've already updated to 1.3.5.1 and I've already dl'ed the 3 apps. They show in my launcher but, when I tap the screen to initiate the app, nothing happens; except for the fact that a notice scrolls at the bottom of the screen (quickly) which says: "Quake/Doom/SuperTux: starting..." and after that nothing happens, I'm still left at my launcher screen.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    did you install them through preware?
    install upstart manager found in preware...reboot
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I installed them thru Preware...Where's upstart manager @?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Do you have my tether? The patching for mytether interferes with the operation fo those. DO a forum search there is a mytetherfix that you can do. Takes a couple reboots and the command line but it fixes the issue.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    no. I don't have MyTether installed...
    Go to preware, click List Everything...start typing "Upstart", download upstart manager service

In the info you will see that it is REQUIRED for advanced homebrew applications like supertux, space invaders, quake, and doom
    If you ever had Mytether (the "camera patch hack" version) installed, even if you uninstalled it, I've heard it could still mess up the games you mentioned in the way you said. I had the exact same problem with DOOM. I followed some pretty hairy steps to completely remove myTether and then DOM worked. My guess is one of these steps probably installed the Upstart Manager. (If I can figure out the details, I'll update this post.) Until then, perhaps you do two things:
    1. let us know if you ever had MyTether installed.
    2. you can try d/l'ing and installing the Upstart Manager (as mentioned by others)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    @Sudoer, Thanks! Turns out that all i was missing was Upstart. I removed all 3 apps, d/l'ed upstart and right now I'm kicking zombie space marine ***!
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    @Sudoer, Thanks! Turns out that all i was missing was Upstart. I removed all 3 apps, d/l'ed upstart and right now I'm kicking zombie space marine ***!
    Ugh...
    i am having same problem how do you remove the apps tux and doom?
    figured it out