1.    #1  
    I am trying to use the Doctor on my Palm Pre (latest version 1.3.5.1). When I get to checking system, everytime a window pops up saying "please wait while windows configures novacomd". After that is done and goes a away a dos window pops up saying "service removed" then that goes away but I can never get the doctor to restore the phone. Most of the time I can't get past to click next because it is grayed out. (after it checks system) Other times I can click next, then it shows charging the phone for a few seconds then the phone screen shows the usb icon but then the doctor says phone disconected after about 20-30 seconds. Other times I get to were it looks like it is going to be reinstalling the Webos it shows 1% sometimes 3% or 4 % (real fast within a sec or 2) then it says phone disconected again.

Does it supposed to say "please wait while windows configures novacomd then a dos window pops up saying "service removed" that everytime you use the doctor again?

How do I get or make sure novacomd is installed corectly in Vista 32 bit.

I tried rebooting my computer, reboot the phone, unistall novacom in device manager reboot computer again then try the doctor again with no luck.

The phone does boot into Webos just fine. The sound is messed up & need to doctor it before sending it off.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael
    Last edited by michaelrj; 01/28/2010 at 11:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    once in awhile i have problems with this too and i doctor my phone often as a developer. if i put the phone into developer mode, usually i can get past this. try putting your phone into developer mode and see if that helps. post if you need instructions to do that
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    once in awhile i have problems with this too and i doctor my phone often as a developer. if i put the phone into developer mode, usually i can get past this. try putting your phone into developer mode and see if that helps. post if you need instructions to do that
    Sorry I did not put that in the post but it is in DEV mode already
    Additionally you can put it into USB mode by shutting off the phone completely, holding the up volume button, press the power button to turn the phone back on (while keeping the volume pressed), keep the button pressed until the screen shows a black and white USB logo, it should be good to go then.
    i had the same sort of problem last night... ended up switching to a different pc and it worked just fine. I believe it was the way novacomd was being installed. THere is a certain way to install novacomd for vista/win7 using a tool called orca. IM not sure where i saw the thread/site but if you google it im sure you will come up with something