Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seriously, how he can use the Pre without these great Patches !
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    So you DO admit that this phone is very "iffy" without patches, tweaks and hombrew, huh?
    I don't know if they even use the phone. I'd expect them to use a blackberry or one of their older professional-demographic pdas.
    my guess would be no
    definitely not the ceo but maybe some of the people below him.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I don't know if they even use the phone. I'd expect them to use a blackberry or one of their older professional-demographic pdas.
    Believe me, they have the Palm on them...maybe a supplemental phone (as many in the industry tend to carry multiple phones).
    I suspect it would be a Motorola Star Tac, you know, to make up for the missing functionality on this phone.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    x2
    The phone is perfectly usable without patches. With every OS upgrade, it's been weeks before I reinstalled any patches.
    The company only has 2 products. I'd hope he uses one of them.

Do you think alan mulally is still driving a Toyota, or a 2000 Taurus? No. As for patches, I doubt he uses them, but hope he has seen them in action.
  11.    #11  
    The phone is perfectly usable without patches. With every OS upgrade, it's been weeks before I reinstalled any patches.

shame on them if they don't.. that's why they don't know what's missing then ! how they can improve the device?
    I would be willing to bet that out of every 10 Palm employees with Pres, that 8 or 9 of them have some sort of Homebrew or patching.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I suspect it would be a Motorola Star Tac, you know, to make up for the missing functionality on this phone.
    My God you are ridiculous.
    In my opinion, no. I have yet to see an absolutely essential patch. The stock OS experience is fantastic.
    I needed the patch that allows you to have 4 icons per row. Otherwise, I just felt like there was too much wasted paste in the application launcher screeen. And then read all email, make email vibrate for one second, match state name to area code is quite nice as well. All these little things, some of them I didn't expect Palm to put in,are really nice to have regardless. It makes owning a WebOS phone that much better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    My God you are ridiculous.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I would be willing to bet that out of every 10 Palm employees with Pres, that 8 or 9 of them have some sort of Homebrew or patching.
    ++++1 i think i wouldn't last this long with the Pre without installing these patches. I also think that's why we are all in love with the Pre :0)
    Does this list represent the best-of-the-best in terms of patches?

http://www.precentral.net/poll-what-...-want-palm-use

I am not trying to be incendiary, I am honestly curious. Because if so, I do not feel like I am missing out on anything at all. Are there other patches, not on this list, that offer more impressive functionality? Some of these strike me as entirely pointless. For instance, why in the world would I even care how many characters I have entered in the messaging application when the phone does such a lovely job of splitting things into multiple SMS messages, when you can already see how many messages are going to be sent, and when character counts aren't even slightly applicable for IM conversations?
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    I suspect he doesn't. I also suspect that those further down the org chart do.
    I don't think he needs the patches I am sure they have his phone zooted up anyhow. I mean he is using the phone most likey with flash 10.1.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast