Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried to purchase 2 touchstones for 29.99 on Saturday. Today, they cancelled my orders.
    Why not just buy at dell for 29 and free shipping?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    Why not just buy at dell for 29 and free shipping?
    Same company. Also Best Buy Mobile online, they are all one company.
    They were probably out of stock
    I had the same thing happen to me. Apparently I mis-typed my credit card information, and instead of contacting me, they just canceled the order completely. I had to contact them to even find out the reason! They replied telling me to order it again, but since it was a clearance item, it is no longer available!!

I won't be doing any business with them in the future.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I ordered from Dell and its four days later and my order still has not processed. I sent an email and they claim it will be processed in 24hrs....we will see...
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me. Apparently I mis-typed my credit card information, and instead of contacting me, they just canceled the order completely. I had to contact them to even find out the reason! They replied telling me to order it again, but since it was a clearance item, it is no longer available!!

I won't be doing any business with them in the future.
    so because of your input mistake you're taking it out on the company?

ive missed out on a LOT of deals because of timing or low stock or whatever. it's not the company's fault. it's just the way it is, especially in this era of slickdeals.
    If it's too good to be true . . .

Their are TONS of illegitimate and "bait & switch" electronics companies on the internet, many run by the same parent companies with different names to try and evade consumer protection groups and criticism. Anytime you see a super deal that is WAY cheaper than either Amazon or Buy.com, just do a quick Google search for that website. 9 times out of 10, that "great deal" website will have tons of "SCAM" results on Google.

Protect yourself!
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Wirefly makes things cheap because they skimp on things like customer satisfaction.

It's not like they have options like Walmart, finding a nice mix between customer satisfaction and product quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I ordered from Dell and its four days later and my order still has not processed. I sent an email and they claim it will be processed in 24hrs....we will see...
    same thing is happening to me i called yesterday they said 24hr and called today they said another 24hrs dammit!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    If it's too good to be true . . .

Their are TONS of illegitimate and "bait & switch" electronics companies on the internet, many run by the same parent companies with different names to try and evade consumer protection groups and criticism. Anytime you see a super deal that is WAY cheaper than either Amazon or Buy.com, just do a quick Google search for that website. 9 times out of 10, that "great deal" website will have tons of "SCAM" results on Google.

Protect yourself!
    you mean, a website like Dell, who had the Touchstone's for the same price as Wirefly?

gotcha. thanks for the heads up.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    You and warblad are out of luck. I GUARANTEE you are getting an email saying they are out of stock. I talked with live chat everyday saying 12 hours we will have an answer, 12hours 12 hours. Its a joke.
    Sorry guys
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    you mean, a website like Dell, who had the Touchstone's for the same price as Wirefly?

gotcha. thanks for the heads up.
    Chudd it is all the same store. They have you fooled!
    They cancelled me too. Haa I am screaming at Dell right now, I am a huge buyer from Dell (at work).

Losers can't find my order, can't find the product have asked me 5 times which phone it is again. (even though they carry Pre and Pre Plus) this is going no where.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 01/28/2010 at 06:43 PM.
    Mine says it shipped yesterday via fed-ex. I ordered on Dell's site even though they are all the same company. I just got lucky and got one before the mad dash and scramble.
    I can't find anything Pre related on Dell's site. (dell.com)
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    so because of your input mistake you're taking it out on the company?

ive missed out on a LOT of deals because of timing or low stock or whatever. it's not the company's fault. it's just the way it is, especially in this era of slickdeals.
    Did I ever say it was their fault?

Their policy says that if they can't authorize the credit card for any reason, they cancel the order. That's their right as a business. It's my right as a consumer to decide that I don't like their policy and find another place to shop.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    They cancelled me too. Haa I am screaming at Dell right now, I am a huge buyer from Dell (at work).

Losers can't find my order, can't find the product have asked me 5 times which phone it is again. (even though they carry Pre and Pre Plus) this is going no where.
    Its not dell. They have no affiliation to that joke company!
    It's BS they told me it must be input mistake.. which is total bs.

and they take 5 days to tell me?
    Just got off the phone, supposedly they reinstated my order.
    He changed his reason saying it was not an input mistake but an authorization mistake.
    (I have a huge limit on this card and use it 3 times a week online for many years.
    Anyway, while he was online i went back to my order status and it is changed from cancelled to processing. He says it will ship by tmw afternoon.

We will see...
    Last edited by cglaguna; 01/28/2010 at 07:26 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast