Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    So ive been trying to install a couple apps via the App Catalog on my new pre plus, most apps install correctly, but some (Twee Free for instance) Download, and i get a notification that it installed correctly, but the "installing" progress bar does not change to "launch" and if i go into the launcher it has the icon for the app with a blue dot in the corner. Any ideas why this could be?
  2. #2  
    I've been getting this problem too, and I'm on a Sprint Pre. This has been happening since the AUPT update for Preware. Related maybe?
  3.    #3  
    hmm, i was wondering if preware might be causing the issue. will try to remove it and see what happens
  4. #4  
    Tell me how it goes. I'm actually running the Repair Utility to see if it'll pick up anything "weird." So far so good, though.
  5.    #5  
    Yep, deleting preware and package managemnet service (i think thats what its called) resolved my issues. weird...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by angel12 View Post
    Yep, deleting preware and package managemnet service (i think thats what its called) resolved my issues. weird...
    Did you reinstall it and see if you can download from the Palm/beta catalog again? I'm going to try that and see if that works...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    Did you reinstall it and see if you can download from the Palm/beta catalog again? I'm going to try that and see if that works...
    i doubt it, as i couldnt do it yesterday, and then i had to webdr it, but give it a shot and let me know
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by angel12 View Post
    i doubt it, as i couldnt do it yesterday, and then i had to webdr it, but give it a shot and let me know
    I reinstalled Preware and Package Management Service, and everything works fine now. I have no idea what the problem was, nor what exactly caused it (beyond the AUPT update).

    So…to recap what I did for anyone else that wants to…

    1. I first ran WebOs Repair Utility—which turned out nothing unusual.

    2. I uninstalled Preware and Package Management Service via WOSQI and rebooted the Pre.

    3. Reinstalled Preware and Service. Rebooted again.

    After that, everything worked as usual.

Posting Permissions