1.    #1  
    Ok guys i got another weird one. My volume key seems to be getting pressed up for no reason. Its really a pain because im playing brother in arms and it keeps bringing up volume control with everything i do. I am constantly clicking the middle button to get it from going away. If i remove my battery back though, it goes away. Anybody having issues like this?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, but mine occurred with Let's Golf. I took it to Sprint, and they ended up replacing my phone (with a refurb). They never gave me an explanation however.
  3.    #3  
    Man i wish i still had my first launch pre. That thing was so freakin solid. I killed it by installing the smart reflex patch, then uninstalling and installing the gpu scalling patch. If i would of rebooted after the first uninstall it would of been all good. My 2nd pre i killed by filling up the memory to 22k free space left. Im on my 3rd now. I chew through these things like bubble gum. I love it. haha.

Was yours constant though? would a reboot help it? Did you try webos doctor. Id like to know if its even worth trying it or just taking it back.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The reboot helped for about 5 minutes... then it would start all over again. It became amusing (in an annoying way)in trying to launch anything as I would have to quickly hit the center button to remove the volume meter and hit the icon of whatever I was trying to launch before the volume meter would pop back up.

When I took it to Sprint, the manufacturer's warranty ended up covering the phone for this. They then had to order the replacement (although in hindsite, they should have just given me a new one off the shelf... oh well). I had to wait a couple of days for the replacement to show up.
  5.    #5  
    Hmm. thats actually bs. Thats one thing that has been pretty good about sprint. I walk in, i say my phones broken. They say come back in an hour. I come back in an hour and they have a new phone for me every time. Im pretty sure its not software. I think its a sticky volume key issue. Funny thing is if they would just remove the vol buttons, just leave a good software way to turn them on off quickly they could eliminate that issue.

Palm, remove power,vol buttons. less buttons = less room for bad build quality.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    my down button was stuck, and the sprint store replaced the buttons.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    mine did that and everytime I restarted it, it would be fine for a little bit and then get stuck again. What I tried is I took my battery cover off and separated the volume buttons from the phone a little and blew through the space. Turns out something was stuck under the up volume button. Try it and see. Might be software for you, but it was an easy hardware fix for me.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah im 100 percent its hardware. I know somethings up with my build because i took my back cover off and i had to literally rip that sucker off. I never had to use that much force with the last two. Ill go through 100 phones before i switch though. I love this freakin thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by finevans View Post
    mine did that and everytime I restarted it, it would be fine for a little bit and then get stuck again. What I tried is I took my battery cover off and separated the volume buttons from the phone a little and blew through the space. Turns out something was stuck under the up volume button. Try it and see. Might be software for you, but it was an easy hardware fix for me.
    Wow don't know how but that worked thanks for the tip.