1.    #1  
    All -

New Palm Pre Plus on Verizon and loving it! I see references to Yahoo in Synergy and Messaging but its not listed on my phone. Am i missing something?

Randy in Florida
    I'm getting the same thing on my Palm Pre that I bought yesterday. On my Pre I was able to IM using my Yahoo account, just not from my Palm Pre. My guess is it's something they'll fix shortly with 1.4, but yeah, is an annoyance.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astroh View Post
    I'm getting the same thing on my Palm Pre that I bought yesterday. On my Pre I was able to IM using my Yahoo account, just not from my Palm Pre. My guess is it's something they'll fix shortly with 1.4, but yeah, is an annoyance.
    What? You used to use it on your "Pre" but can't use it on your "Palm Pre"???
    Yep. My Yahoo! account isn't showing up on IM nor is there a button to let me add it on the Palm Pre.
    The only IM services I see in the messaging app are Google Talk and AIM. No MSN, Yahoo or ICQ. Lack of ICQ doesn't surprise me since its pretty ancient, but I'm disappointed that the others are missing.
    So much for 1.4 fixing this on the Pre Plus. Still no Yahoo! IM on Verizon.
    here is a link for all the other messaging plugins you could ever want

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html
    Yahoo IM is included with 1.4 but you may only have one. try removing your yahoo account and the option will reappear. Hope this helps. please press thanks if this helps

Update: This is for Sprint Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Yahoo IM is included with 1.4 but you may only have one. try removing your yahoo account and the option will reappear. Hope this helps. please press thanks if this helps

Update: This is for Sprint Palm Pre
    Tried that but still a no go on Vzw. Only AIM & Google Talk show up. Even after removing and readding yahoo.
    I don't think Yahoo IM is supported on the pre plus (atm) it even says it on Palms compare phones page
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid2004 View Post
    I don't think Yahoo IM is supported on the pre plus (atm) it even says it on Palms compare phones page
    Very tempted to contact Palm or Verizon to see why this isn't supported. I have a feeling it is something on Verizons end.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I think YM is only present in sprint's pre (bell doesn't have it neither, I wonder about gsm pres). I don't understand why the hell, because is not something that requires special DRM treatment or stuff like that.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    For whatever reason Verizon does not support Yahoo IM on the Pre Plus or Pixi Plus. I've read that the IM Yahoo implementation was a little flaky. Maybe that had something to do with Verizon not supporting it.
    So much for synergy
    Greg's plugins will allow Yahoo IM on the VZW PrePlus. Here's the latest version.

forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/233983-messaging-plugins-add-more-im-options-your-pre.html