Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Ok so i installed the power button patch, and when it installed when i hit the power button my pre froze, so I pulled the batt. out so i could restart my phone hoping that it would fix it. It didn't, and i couldn't get any app to open including preware, so i did a partial erase hoping that it would get rid of all my patches and stuff. It didn't so then i did a full erase. It still didn't. Now half of my phone is themed and half is the palm theme its extremely slow, the patches are still on there and no preware to do the patch removal thing. So i tried to hook it up to webos quick install, but webos quick install freezes for about 10 mins and then the box pops up telling me to connect my phone. I did just switch to windows 7 32bit, but i did the steps to install novacom on windows 7. So last night i tried to doctor it. It keeps saying that it couldn't doctor my phone, so i tried 1.3.5 doctor and still the same thing. I don't want to go to any other older doctors b/c i've bought alot of apps and i don't want to have to buy them again when my profile doesn't work b/c of a different webos version. If any of my webos brothers and sisters could help me out with any other ideas on how to fix my pre, I would really appreciate it. Thanks and I hope what i've typed made sense.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    It seems like once your pre is <not working>, you can't un <break> your pre.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/28/2010 at 10:18 AM.
    +1 for the most inappropriate thread title ever.

Try these things:
    turn off palm profile backup, then doctor
    try webos repair utility

then if all else fails F yourself in the A and bring it back to your carrier for a swap
    if your biggest concern with using the older webosdoctor is games you bought then don't worry. You can redownload them for free once you've gotten everything back to stock. I had to use webosquickinstall to doctor my phone last night and wound up having to go through it. It took a while to get them all installed but they did without issue.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    What I've done is use WebOS Doctor older version like 1.2 that will erase EVERYTHING including USB partition. When you get to the Palm Profile sign in create NEW "test" login on 1.2 then from the clean login due all the updates to 1.3.5 then full erase will take you back to the Palm Profile login then login with your original Palm Profile. That way you get a completely fresh install and you don't need to worry about your profile getting messed up from an older version incompatability. I've done this when I've had to swap phones too because they usually do not have the latest version on the replacement phone.
    Oops sorry.
    When i saw ur title say: "in the A", I thought you meant: In Atlanta.
    Full Erase...don't sign in to your profile, turn it back off and do that thing where you plug it into the AC charger while holding the volume up, then doctor it.
    your thread title made me LOL. I hope you can get it fixed. Nothing worse than a busted phone.

Isn't it funny how we can brick our phones via software when used to we could only do that by physically breaking it? They really are becoming mini computers...
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYMAYSHERE View Post
    your thread title made me LOL. I hope you can get it fixed. Nothing worse than a busted phone.

Isn't it funny how we can brick our phones via software when used to we could only do that by physically breaking it? They really are becoming mini computers...
    It's not a brick if it can be fixed with WebOS Doctor, and this can.