Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have wanted a Pre ever since I first heard about them last spring. At the time, we lived in the US and were with AT&T. I was using a Centro (loved it) and at upgrade went with an iPhone. That lasted <24 hrs. and I switched to a BB Curve, which I love.

We now live in Germany and I would like to get a new phone. No real rush - I still have my BB, but it's running on a pre-paid T-Mobile SIM & I am tired of it! I know that o2 has the Pre, and wonder if anyone knows if the Pre Plus will be headed this way any time soon? I can wait - but not for long!

TIA
    If it does come, it would amaze me if it was anytime soon. Remember the Pre was only released in October here, a bit over three months ago. o2 are selling a bunch of them though (I've seen a few fellow Preheads in the streets) and once however many units of the original GSM Pre o2 have ordered are all sold and Palm comes up with a GSM Pre Plus, it would be silly of o2 not to start selling the Plus.

I just doubt they're going to start selling them next month when they still have 50.000 vanilla Pres lying around in the stores. As I said, I believe the Pre sells reasonably well around here. The Droid for example is hailed as a superphone in the US and sells like hotcakes, but over here, where it's called Milestone and wasn't advertised nearly as tenaciously, it's a stone in the shelf. Kinda obvious since it's uglier than sin and running Android which may be versatile but isn't really anything interesting unless you've seen a thousand commercials. So who knows, maybe they'll start carrying the Plus by this early summer? I wouldn't bet any money on it coming earlier.

One thing that WOULD point at the Plus coming within reasonable (if not short) time is that o2 have lowered the Pre's price by 80e and are now throwing in Touchstones for a limited time. Seems like they want to clear out old stockpiles. In fact, if you're into value, you might want to look into buying a reg Pre now because you'd be saving some nice money vs. buying a Plus this summer.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 01/28/2010 at 07:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thanks! October seems so long ago, but yea, it's only been three mos! I may just have to head on down to o2!
    Don't forget that you can get an unlocked Pre from O2 Germany right now
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Don't forget that you can get an unlocked Pre from O2 Germany right now
    Sorry, bit Pre Plus > Pre.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It can't be - the Pre has an extra button
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Price of Pre Plus > price of Pre as well... Not to mention that like I said the Plus will take a while here.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Price of Pre Plus > price of Pre as well... Not to mention that like I said the Plus will take a while here.
    Uh... 50 bucks?

No contract Pre Plus is 599, Pre is 549. Less than 10% difference.

But OK, I'll give you the not here so part. Hear us now, Palm? Release the darn GSM Pre Plus already.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here