1.    #1  
    Just got the Palm Pre Plus from VZW on launch day (switched from the awful droid eris) and I'm new to this forum, so I'm just making this thread to say hi and see if there is any tips or tricks you guys can offer. It would be greatly appreciated.
    My biggest suggestion is to READ, READ, READ, and READ some more...then download Preware Welcome to the forum, I hope you love your Pre + as much as I love my Pre.

Seriously though, take a look at the app section above it should point you to how to install WebOSQuickinstall on your Computer and Preware on your phone. I can't speak for the Eris but I had an HTC Hero and found Android to be just... Clunky and less elegant than WebOS so perhaps you will too.
    I agree with the first post! The best thing you can do is install preware on your phone. It allows you to customize the phone the way you want it. That is what is so great about WebOS, that you can pretty much customize the phone with patches to make it exactly how you want it
    Quote Originally Posted by fonefanatic View Post
    I agree with the first post! The best thing you can do is install preware on your phone. It allows you to customize the phone the way you want it. That is what is so great about WebOS, that you can pretty much customize the phone with patches to make it exactly how you want it
    Wouldn't it be "great"-er if you were able to make ANY customization WITHOUT patching?
    Just wondering.
    But OP, welcome to the forum. You WILL find all the answers you need to anything, right here.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Wouldn't it be "great"-er if you were able to make ANY customization WITHOUT patching?
    Just wondering.
    But OP, welcome to the forum. You WILL find all the answers you need to anything, right here.
    It would without a doubt, I think Palm copied Apple a little too much in this regard. Thankfully they didn't adopt the "jailbreaking/rooting/hacking should be illegal" approach though.
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    It would without a doubt, I think Palm copied Apple a little too much in this regard. Thankfully they didn't adopt the "jailbreaking/rooting/hacking should be illegal" approach though.
    You are describing a usability nightmare. If all of the various things that patches enable were built in to the OS it would just be a sea of toggles and drop down menus any time you looked at any of the settings. Pages upon pages of settings. No. No, no, no.

Letting people patch their handset to enable the trivial little gimmicks that they consider to be essential is the right approach. Patching is as simple as can be. Palm's stance here is the direct opposite of Apple's. They explicitly thanked the homebrew community in their presentation at CES.
    Just wondering.
    What would be even "great"-er would be if Palm called me up, asked me exactly how I wanted the device customized to my taste, and had Angelina Jole deliver it personally.

Until then, I'll work with what reality gives me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    You are describing a usability nightmare. If all of the various things that patches enable were built in to the OS it would just be a sea of toggles and drop down menus any time you looked at any of the settings. Pages upon pages of settings. No. No, no, no.

Letting people patch their handset to enable the trivial little gimmicks that they consider to be essential is the right approach. Patching is as simple as can be. Palm's stance here is the direct opposite of Apple's. They explicitly thanked the homebrew community in their presentation at CES.
    Seen BB customization options? What you descirbe is pretty close. Some like it, I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What would be even "great"-er would be if Palm called me up, asked me exactly how I wanted the device customized to my taste, and had Angelina Jole deliver it personally.

Until then, I'll work with what reality gives me...
    Lol, Herb.
    You do realize this isn't the first time you mentioned Mrs./Miss/Ms. Jolie bringing 'something' to you, right?
    Does your wife know about this??
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/28/2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Lol, Herb.
    You do realize this isn't the first time you mentioned Mrs./Miss/Ms. Jolie bringing 'something' to you, right?
    Does your wife know about this??
    haha... He's right.. just ran a search and you DO have quite a think for Angelina (or Angie as she asks me to call her)

And to the OP... WELCOME to the site and WebOS! There are tons of tips/tricks/help available through the forum... welcome aboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    haha... He's right.. just ran a search and you DO have quite a thing for Angelina (or Angie as she asks me to call her)
    lol
    Did you know her lips are surgically enhanced with collagen? A plastic surgeon I spoke with could actually pick out her injection sites.

Nothing wrong with a plastic fantastic lover (yeah!) Btw, Jefferson Airplane ftw!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!