Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Am I alone?

I went on Preware tonight to check if I had any updates and I got 40. In the last 24 hours. I didn't have any last night at the same time.

Is this normal? Or should I be worried about my preware/phone? lol.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    It's normal.
    Last edited by DigitalNight; 01/27/2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: bad link
  3.    #4  
    Great.

Virtual Keyboard wouldn't update so I removed it. Tried the trick of installing the Obsolete one and then the new one. Still no go.

Fricken GREAT.

So is there anything I gotta do?

I just update all the patches and then I'm able to update my OS as long as I remove my theme without anymore having to remove/re-install patches?
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Great.

Virtual Keyboard wouldn't update so I removed it. Tried the trick of installing the Obsolete one and then the new one. Still no go.

Fricken GREAT.
    AUPT isn't perfect, but be glad you dont have to uninstall and reinstall every patch when you have to update. I'd say it is a worthy sacrifice. Plus the dev's said they would work on things as they 'broke'.
    Does it mean that 1.4 is coming real soon and their prepping the patches so we won't have to remove them for update? Feb. 1. I'm standing behind my prediction.
  6.    #7  
    I fixed the virtual keyboard.

I went in via USB Mode, deleted the virtual-keyboard folder (after making sure both keyboards were not installed via Preware) and then re-installed the new one. Worked.

This AUPT thing looks promising.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    SO if I install ANY patch now, it'll be updated with the AUPT thing? So I can finally reinstall preware and use patches without fear?
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

I went in via USB Mode, deleted the virtual-keyboard folder (after making sure both keyboards were not installed via Preware) and then re-installed the new one. Worked.

Pretty much what the dev of AUPT said to do in the thread? Don't take credit for something you didn't discover... thats very Appleish of you.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    SO if I install ANY patch now, it'll be updated with the AUPT thing? So I can finally reinstall preware and use patches without fear?
    yes, plus read up on the dummy update.

Basically you can now do an OTA update, load up preware, and just update the patches. No need to remove.

Does anyone actually use the virtual keyboard? I tried it and deleted in quickly. Has it improved? (sorry to go off-topic)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Does anyone actually use the virtual keyboard? I tried it and deleted in quickly. Has it improved? (sorry to go off-topic)
    Lol that so funny because I did the exact same thing I used it for like the first day then I deleted. It's too laggy and not as smooth as I would like. It is still pretty impressive though, I hope that it can be improved on some more.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    There's a big article about this on the front page.
    Last edited by jrtesq; 01/28/2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: spelling
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    Yeah, I had read the article prior so I knew I be seeing updates in Preware, but I'll admit I was not excited about installing 30-ish updates, figuring I'd have to restart Luna or Java on each one. To my surprise, every update allowed me to restart Luna later, so that helped. Once done, I gave the phone the 3 finger reboot and all was well.

Looking forward to 1.4 and the AUPT's!

-Brian
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Pretty much what the dev of AUPT said to do in the thread? Don't take credit for something you didn't discover... thats very Appleish of you.
    Don't know why you're on a high horse, but I suggest you step off. Quick.

I got that trick from some other thread when 1.3.5 came out I believe. All I said was that I did it again it and it worked.

Don't know why you misconstrued that to mean that I found out how to fix it, but you shouldn't jump to assumptions. When you assume, you make an *** out of you and me. Or so that saying goes.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Lol that so funny because I did the exact same thing I used it for like the first day then I deleted. It's too laggy and not as smooth as I would like. It is still pretty impressive though, I hope that it can be improved on some more.
    I personally use it where I can't whip out my whole keyboard. Such as in church or during a meeting at work. Less conspicuous.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    thanks

Thanks for the tip. Hadn't read the other thread. I actually just used Internalz to delete the one remaining file in virtual-keyboad dir (since internalz doesn't let you delete directories it seems) and afterward the virt keyboard installed fine.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Don't know why you're on a high horse, but I suggest you step off. Quick.

I got that trick from some other thread when 1.3.5 came out I believe. All I said was that I did it again it and it worked.

Don't know why you misconstrued that to mean that I found out how to fix it, but you shouldn't jump to assumptions. When you assume, you make an *** out of you and me. Or so that saying goes.
    I apologize for jumping the gun, but your solution is also posted in the AUPT thread that someone linked in this thread so I naturally ASSumed you got the info from there... we all know where they got me lol

Just call me quick trigger quincy
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    Without fear is a pretty bold thing to say when you are talking about patching the UI and the OS. Compatibility issues and stability issues will always plague those that patch the OS. It may take a while to bite you but you can rest assured that it will.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I apologize for jumping the gun, but your solution is also posted in the AUPT thread that someone linked in this thread so I naturally ASSumed you got the info from there... we all know where they got me lol

Just call me quick trigger quincy
    I didn't read any of the comments. Just the gist of what AUPT was.

It's all good.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast