1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to install WebOS Quick Install right now on my new Pre Plus. When you first open the program it prompts you to see if you want to install WebOS Doctor. When I select 'yes', it asks me to choose which version of the Palm Pre I have. However, an option for the Pre Plus is not available on the list. The choices are Spring Pre, Bell Pre, GSM Pre, or 'I don't care, I'm using an emulator." Any advice on how to proceed from here? Thanks

~fred
    by direction it says "if you carrier is not listed, select sprint. I did this and all worked until I tired to tweak..many error msgs. When I tried to load a theme, I also encountered errors..Cannot find /var/usr/bin/lsdiff. I believe most of the patches and themes are specifically for Sprint Pre's, not verizon like mine. Had no problems loading Apps..
    Im a newbie to pre central..its nice to finally burn my Treo 755p, love the Pre Plus and all pre Central has done.
  3.    #3  
    hmm i wonder if i should wait to install woqi/preware until they get that sorted out for the pre plus.....
    any help regarding my issues above would be great, thank you

Paul
    I am anxious to get a few of these patches too, but I'm betting we new + owners need to wait for the apps to catch up. The Pre + is not the Pre.
    install preware using webos quick install. Directions can be found at webos-internals.org. Preware will install the patches you want.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Im having the problem where after I select Sprint pre, it doesn't start installing webOSdoctor like it says its suppose to. Anyone have any ideas why its doing this?
  8.    #8  
    PrestonJames, I know what I'm suppossed to do im just wondering if WebOS quick install and WebOS Doctor are compatible with the Pre +. I dont want to screw up my brand new phone.
    I'm on a sprint pre so I can't give you any advice on that. You might be able to get some help on irc at #webos-internals
    What exactly is the WebOS doctor and why is it needed? Having something clearly not intended for the Pre+ is a bit unnerving...
  11.    #11  
    Starbuckk, basically WebOS Doctor is a program that you need in order to install WebOS Quick Installer, which is then needed to install PreWare, which is how you can get access to homebrew apps, programs, etc. WebOS Doctor is also used for when you need to return the phone to its original settings/state.
    there is a WebOS doctor for Verizon on the Palm site. Do a search on palm thats how I found it.
    hey just wanted to post to help fellow + owners. I just got the + and followed the directions on this site on how to install preware. I selected the sprint phone when prompted (as per the directions) and successfully installed everything I needed. I have a few patches installed now & have had zero problems so far. This website is simply the best on the net!
    Quote Originally Posted by driver60 View Post
    there is a WebOS doctor for Verizon on the Palm site. Do a search on palm thats how I found it.
    Thanks I found the link. And it wants the serial number of the phone before it will let you download it..which is located underneath the battery..which I was told by three different Verizon reps not to remove. LOL! Hopefully its on the box which I'll check when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Thanks I found the link. And it wants the serial number of the phone before it will let you download it..which is located underneath the battery..which I was told by three different Verizon reps not to remove. LOL! Hopefully its on the box which I'll check when I get home.
    Just download it from WebOS internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Just download it from WebOS internals.
    link? please?
    Serial number is also located in Device Info. And don't listen to the Verizon reps, it's perfectly safe to remove your battery as long as you power down first.
    I found WebOS Doctor for Verizon and downloaded it but the QuickInstaller doesn't recognize it. It still wants to download the Sprint version. Is that something I don't need to worry about for installing the homebrew apps?
    Success . Installed Classicnotes. Got the virtual keyboard and turned on LED notification..oh and alarm by day. Order is being restored to the world..