Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    [rant]

I LOVE the idea of finally having a "demo" of some of these new 3D games.

BUT... why did Gameloft cripple this sucker so badly? Why not just give us one track, one car, and unlimited play. Not only does it die after 2 or 3 minutes, but I can't replay it for who knows how long!

Humph!

[/rant]
    So, just to make sure I'm reading this right.

You love having a demo, but wanted it to be a fully playable game instead. You do understand "demo", right?
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the demo to see if I wanted to buy the game, which I did and will sometime tomorrow. That said, I think the demo served it's purpose.
    Agree digink.. (tatoo artist?) the demo sold me. I almost bought it right away but my wife slapped me upside my head and told me to finish my new dlc for Borderlands..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So, just to make sure I'm reading this right.

You love having a demo, but wanted it to be a fully playable game instead. You do understand "demo", right?
    Ya, ya, I get the concept... I'm OK w/ the time limit actually, but having to wait an unknown amount of time to "try again" is the annoying piece.

I try it out. Cool!! Hey friend! Try this ou..oh... wait. Maybe tomorrow you can try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Agree digink.. (tatoo artist?) the demo sold me. I almost bought it right away but my wife slapped me upside my head and told me to finish my new dlc for Borderlands..
    Zombie Island of Dr.Ned? Haven't tried it yet but I already beat the main game. I wish there were more classes to choose from
    Ummm you can delete the game and then download it again, but if you really like it that much the sensible thing to do is just buy it.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I don't think you can complain about a free demo. Notice the words, free, and demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Zombie Island of Dr.Ned? Haven't tried it yet but I already beat the main game. I wish there were more classes to choose from
    (offtopic... Uhh well, there was no substantial topic anyway) The new dlc has, what appears to me, a million weapons to choose from.. Lots of fun)
    do not update to version 1.08 of asphalt free... it doesn't let you play it at all! keep 1.07
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Wow...some people just are never happy...
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Can't say I agree about unlimited gameplay, but if it keeps you from playing the demo a 2nd time until so many minutes, hours, or days later, that's a pain.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    (offtopic... Uhh well, there was no substantial topic anyway) The new dlc has, what appears to me, a million weapons to choose from.. Lots of fun)
    There was millions of guns in the original game
    Zombie Island was good
    Mad Moxxi's Underdome is where its at
    A demo that I can't actually try out isn't a demo. I got to play for about 15 seconds before I had to set the phone down for a few minutes to give my attention to something else. When I was able to return to it, I found I wasn't able to continue my demo. There are too many crappy games out there for me to keep spending $10 or even $5 each to find that out. For that matter, there are plenty of great games that I just don't enjoy playing (awkward controls, etc.) I need to be able to demo it, or at least see a video of the gameplay, before I'm willing to fork over. I don't require an unlimited demo, but I definitely need more than what I got. I'll pass on buying this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by abel_s View Post
    do not update to version 1.08 of asphalt free... it doesn't let you play it at all! keep 1.07
    What do you mean? I was 1/2 way done updating and stopped when I read this. What does the patch do?
    What's REALLY annoying is that, even though the demoes are FREE for download in the US, they're not available AT ALL anywhere else. That's just mean. What advantage does acting like that have? Of course it makes sense to not even show Europeans or Canadians paid apps in the catalog if there's no way to pay for them yet, but completely free apps? And it's not like these demoes were the only free apps unavailable here. I don't get it.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 01/28/2010 at 09:12 AM.
    Abel S on this thread http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...lt-5-free.html has got instuctions for installing on any pre. Have installed it on my O2 UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    What's REALLY annoying is that, even though the demoes are FREE for download in the US, they're not available AT ALL anywhere else. That's just mean. What advantage does acting like that have? Of course it makes sense to not even show Europeans or Canadians paid apps in the catalog if there's no way to pay for them yet, but completely free apps? And it's not like these demoes were the only free apps unavailable here. I don't get it.
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

asphalt 5 demo from USA phone. Included detailed instructions using WebOS quick install command line OR Terminal app.
    Quote Originally Posted by abel_s View Post
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

asphalt 5 demo from USA phone. Included detailed instructions using WebOS quick install command line OR Terminal app.
    FREAKING AWESOME! Thank you so very much! I'm gonna be so popular with my friends

<edit> and before anybody says anything about legality and morality, remember this is a FREE. DEMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    A demo that I can't actually try out isn't a demo. I got to play for about 15 seconds before I had to set the phone down for a few minutes to give my attention to something else. When I was able to return to it, I found I wasn't able to continue my demo. There are too many crappy games out there for me to keep spending $10 or even $5 each to find that out. For that matter, there are plenty of great games that I just don't enjoy playing (awkward controls, etc.) I need to be able to demo it, or at least see a video of the gameplay, before I'm willing to fork over. I don't require an unlimited demo, but I definitely need more than what I got. I'll pass on buying this game.
    ???? It's not a "one time only" game. You just can't immediately play it again. I've played it 3 or 4 times now. Enough to know that it's an alright game, and I'll probably be downloading it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast