Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    So today I went into a Verizon store to check out the Palm Pre Plus. What I found was that Verizon has EVDO service in my area (Sprint doesn't). I've been with sprint for several years now, do you guys think it would be a good jump in my situation? BTW I'm on the 1500 family plan with sprint.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Go for it, I heard the family plans are actually cheaper on VZW, despite them being evil.
    Honestly, which country isn't evil? Take your pick, they all just want direct access to our bank accounts.
    how did you get by several years with no 3G?

the plan itself will cost $20 more each month. and with sprint you can upgrade phone each year.

still, signal is more important
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Don't jump ship just yet. Wait until Sprint partners with Apple and you'll be able to get a WiMax iPad.
    I just checked it out too. Verizon rep kept talking about the mobile hotspot and how its exclusive. I couldn't resist so I showed him my pre on sprint with the hot spot. He was speechless!
    i would not jump right now, palm will do sprint right for sticking with them from the beggining and being there for them. so i believe before the end of the year you will here talk of a new phone coming out from palm thats going to be just as good or even better than the pre on sprint . so leave if you like but i like the cheapest rates and will wait for the next best thing from palm !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I just checked it out too. Verizon rep kept talking about the mobile hotspot and how its exclusive. I couldn't resist so I showed him my pre on sprint with the hot spot. He was speechless!
    does it still have issues with other stuff on the phone not working right !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I am a loyal Sprint customer because they have always treated me right...but with that being said if I was to move somewhere where I couldn't get 3g coverage anymore I'd jump ship in a heartbeat. I guess it just depends on how important fast internet on your phone is. To me it is vital. Each time my Sprint Pre goes over into 1x I cringe and find it not worth my time. I'll choose at network over a device anyday...luckily now that the Pre is on Verizon you don't have to make that choice anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    Don't jump ship just yet. Wait until Sprint partners with Apple and you'll be able to get a WiMax iPad.
    hahaha thats awesome!! you just made my day (night technically but you get it)
    3G is pretty important to me, so if I lived in an area where Verizon had 3G and Sprint did not then I would definitely make the move.

Making the move will be expensive though. Under no circumstances (family plan or not) is Verizon ever less expensive than Sprint. Thankfully I have fantastic Sprint service in my area. I love my plan, and my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    does it still have issues with other stuff on the phone not working right !!!
    none I've seen. Using free tether and hotspot
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    hahaha thats awesome!! you just made my day (night technically but you get it)
    for those heavy work flow days?
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    how did you get by several years with no 3G?

the plan itself will cost $20 more each month. and with sprint you can upgrade phone each year.

still, signal is more important
    I moved to an area that doesn't offer 3g for sprint. I still feel its kinda odd that verizon has it though. I love sprint but i do miss 3g
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    I'm the odd man out for 3G, I guess. This is my first phone with 3G because up until this I was using the Treo680 on AT&T with none. Now I feel dirty. Like i just admitted I lost my virginity to a couch or something... I should have upgraded long ago, but I'm happy now on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Once you go 3G you never go back
    Wheres ur location?

Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    I moved to an area that doesn't offer 3g for sprint. I still feel its kinda odd that verizon has it though. I love sprint but i do miss 3g
    Don't worry there's no 3G in my area either :P I have to go to central London to get any. Just makes WiFi all that more important (sorry, Pixi).
    Ha ha! No EVDO yet, but I'm sure WiMax is just around the corner!
    Hehe. I know, right! The people who work in the Verizon and Sprint stores were buzzing about last week with the news that Apple was coming to Sprint.........errrr.........I mean Verizon with 4G....errr.......OS4.....err.r..for Sprint.....no......I mean Verizon.

He should have waited. I mean that is what folks in the Iphone 4G coming to Sprint thread said over the last two weeks. Hah!
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast