Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    My new Palm Pre+ is completely inoperable. I bought it last night, but didn't activate it until this morning around 7:30am. It worked flawlessly until about 5:00pm, but then, all of a sudden, I realized I hadn't received any texts, chats or calls.

I took the phone out of my pocket and noticed that the back of the phone—near the bottom of the battery cover—was extremely hot. I immediately took the battery out and let everything cool off for about 5 minutes. I started the device back up, and the same thing happened. The phone showed that it was receiving a signal, but I couldn't send any messages or make a call.

I then went into the "about" menu and looked at the reset options. I chose the first option, which was just a partial reset, and when the phone got back to the registration page, all I got was a message telling me to go to an area where I had network coverage. I live in an area where Verizon has blanket coverage, so I know that's not the problem. I've already got my Pre+ packed up and ready to be exchanged. I realize there are going to be situations like this—I just wish it wasn't happening to me.
    Sorry to hear this. See Dieter's (Editor in Chief) post about having the same issue with his 2nd Pre Plus.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I would be irate right now if I were you, try and get compensation from Verizon.
    Relax, take it back to Verizon and they will exchange for a new one.
    just take it back and get a new one before you do anything else . no need starting off with a phone that has any issues before you even use it for a day right . and you'll feel much better about the phone if you take it back now as well. the processor may just be faulty . it happens sometimes .
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    You are paying for service that you aren't receiving right now, you could be missing important calls or messages. The last thing phone companies want these days are unhappy customers.
    yeah if you really want to complain you may get some type of reimbersment but i would just be content myself at getting a phone thats working properly instead of trying to squeeze out money from sprint. thats just messed up unless its really costing you money. but most people just say stuff like that lying and im not about all that........so its up to you!
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    You are paying for service that you aren't receiving right now, you could be missing important calls or messages. The last thing phone companies want these days are unhappy customers.
    Hey apple boy, you help is need over here:

CNET readers share their iPhone 3G stories | Apple - CNET News
    This probably isn't related to your problem but the Verizon rep told me at least four times before I got out of the store "Don't pop the battery on a stuck phone". Apparently it isn't a good thing.

Apparently there is another answer, but having been the first to get the phone at my store, they were still unsure of what to do yet.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Took it back today and swapped it out for a new one. So far, so good.

I didn't see any reason to ask Verizon for compensation. They were very apologetic and swapped it out with very little fuss.