Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was trying to send a text message to someone and got this little pop up. After deleting some messages, I was able to send again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    most likely... how far did your texts go back?!
  3.    #3  
    I had two threads that I haven't deleted since september or so. I deleted one of the two and was able to send again.
    holy jesus... that would do it, especially if you have it loaded up with music/pics/videos
  5.    #5  
    not really... Few pics... Apparently a few thousand texts a month adds up.
    i guess so, but generally they don't take up much space... unless there is a certain amount of space allocated for stored sms messages... but that wouldn't make much sense
  7.    #7  
    didn't think they took up that much space either, hence me not deleting them. That and fear of the dreaded hidden messages that won't show...
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Just delete them... isn't that big of a deal.
  9.    #9  
    I did... I just didn't know it had a cap.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuessWho727 View Post
    I did... I just didn't know it had a cap.
    neither did I, so I guess in that sense thanks for the heads up, but I usually delete my unused text threads every couple of weeks anyways.
  11.    #11  
    I normally do too. The two running ones are two people that I constantly talk to so they never got cleared out. All the inactive ones, I get rid of. Guess I'll keep better track of it.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    How many do you average monthly?

I send/receive over 5K so I hope this doesn't happen to me
  13.    #13  
    I do about 3 to 4k a month. Just keep it cleaned up and you won't have to worry about that issue it seems.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuessWho727 View Post
    I do about 3 to 4k a month. Just keep it cleaned up and you won't have to worry about that issue it seems.
    I really hate to say this, and I know I sound like a broken record, but I never had to worry about this with my iPhone. I could go back into 2008's texts if I needed to, which I did btw. I don't see why text would take up so much space.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I really hate to say this, and I know I sound like a broken record, but I never had to worry about this with my iPhone. I could go back into 2008's texts if I needed to, which I did btw. I don't see why text would take up so much space.
    I would hope that anything important enough for me to need it 2 years later, would have been sent to me by a method other than SMS.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  16. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    That's odd. I have never once deleted any of my text threads...I send out minimum 2000 a month. So I really doubt there is any cap for SMS storage.

However, I have one movie, and only 100 and some songs....so there is plenty of free space on my device. Perhaps you got that window because your Pre, in general, was full?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    I would hope that anything important enough for me to need it 2 years later, would have been sent to me by a method other than SMS.
    It was just used as evidence to win an argument. He didn't expect me to have a text message for that long lol
    I've got about 48 conversations dating back to August. I speak to my friends in Indonesia (yahoo) and my whole family in Thailand (gtalk).

ild have to disagree that there is a cap. (or I haven't reached it yet but I talk/Text to about 10 or 15 people daily. I'd sure hate to have to delete these.

on the 'device info' how much space do you have?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    That's odd. I have never once deleted any of my text threads...I send out minimum 2000 a month. So I really doubt there is any cap for SMS storage.

However, I have one movie, and only 100 and some songs....so there is plenty of free space on my device. Perhaps you got that window because your Pre, in general, was full?
    I was wondering the same at first but when I checked, I had 6.9 GB free. I really don't keep to much stored on my phone besides pics but even then there's not that many of them.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $text$ $messages$ $are$ $stored$ $to$ $an$ $sqlite3$ $db$ $file$ (/$var$/$luna$/$data$/$dbdata$/$PalmDatabase$.$db3$) $in$ $the$ $table$ $com_palm_pim_FolderEntry$.

Could the /var folder be full on your device hence the error message? (This is not the same hard drive space as you see when you connect to USB- it's a different partition).

Maybe Palm set an upper limit to the number of text messages stored, but seems unlikely.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast