Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Nexus One Desktop Dock now available for $45 -- Engadget
    Car clip on the way? That phone has been out for a week and Palm hasn't been able to get us a car solution yet? Not to mention that every aspect of their solution is better including the design.

Why can't someone build the perfect phone, or at least act like they are trying to. I mean the Nexus doesn't have multi touch (and other things), so I can't get that. Iphone doesn't have multi tasking, a launch point speed dial type solution, or kinetic charging, so i can't get that.

I think Palm is in to precarious of a situation to be playing with fire like this. If either Google or Apple just puts their egos away and just copy each others (and Palms) strengths, Palm is screwed. They both have the money to do it, Google has shown the ability to just put out the best product no matter who thought of it, and Apple has drive to do it just ot make their ego bigger.
    I semi agree with you...

I've been using a car charger plugged into my touchstone for charging on the go. My idea would be to just have a touchstone dockish thing that has a built in adapter for the cig lighter in the car... that way you just plug it in to the cig lighter and plop ur phone on there.

Seems kinda simple no?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    Nexus One Desktop Dock now available for $45 -- Engadget
    Car clip on the way? That phone has been out for a week and Palm hasn't been able to get us a car solution yet? Not to mention that every aspect of their solution is better including the design.

Why can't someone build the perfect phone, or at least act like they are trying to. I mean the Nexus doesn't have multi touch (and other things), so I can't get that. Iphone doesn't have multi tasking, a launch point speed dial type solution, or kinetic charging, so i can't get that.

I think Palm is in to precarious of a situation to be playing with fire like this. If either Google or Apple just puts their egos away and just copy each others (and Palms) strengths, Palm is screwed. They both have the money to do it, Google has shown the ability to just put out the best product no matter who thought of it, and Apple has drive to do it just ot make their ego bigger.
    I understand your frustration but you can obviously tell where priority is. Performance! If you are a giant like Palm you figure after market companies will jump on that while you get more stable with your top of the line web os. Priority doesn't lie with accessories right now. Be patient! That's what I tell myself.
    yeah, i agree its a problem of resources, a small company like palm, at this time, may simply have not enough resource to spreading too thin.

still, if they can modify the TS to work in a car out of box, that would be nice.
    im comin close to busting out a roll of duct tape and some good ole fashioned MacGyverism to make my own
    i read somewhere that the TS will not work properly with normal plug power source in a car? I have no idea about the detail tho.
    I've used my touchstone in my car all the time, i use the stereo plug in the car as well, it hasn't been a problem to me until around 1.2 when Palm turned off the mic while plugged into the stereo jack, now I can't take calls in the car anymore.

but to answer why not release a perfect phone.... why release a perfect anything? PROFIT. People are going to buy a semi-perfect product just to have to buy another upgrade down the line. Hell, I-phone's gone through a few versions now, and they profit every single time. You're never going to be happy because something better is always out there. So, live with what you have til bigger and better comes around again.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    +1.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpossible View Post
    I've used my touchstone in my car all the time, i use the stereo plug in the car as well, it hasn't been a problem to me until around 1.2 when Palm turned off the mic while plugged into the stereo jack, now I can't take calls in the car anymore.
    I can still take calls in the car.... Maybe you need a DR visit? or maybe a patch is messing with it?