1.    #1  
    I'm trying to install the on screen keyboard... I installed/ uninstall preware many times and still the "available patches" are grayed out and I can't find the on screen keyboard anywhere else on preware.. right now I used PrewareInstaller-0.9.4.jar to intall peware.. I really appreciate any reply and help... Thank you
    update your preware i believe its at 0.9.6 by now
    From the guys over at webos-internals....

Installing Preware with WebOS Quick Install

Simple step-by-step instructions with screenshots are here: Getting Started: Preware

* Put your device in Developer Mode
    * Run WebOS Quick Install
    * Press the third button on the right
    * Choose WebOS Internals Feed (all) from the dropdown list at the top.
    * Select Package Manager Service from the list.
    * Press DOWNLOAD.
    * Press INSTALL.
    * Press the third button on the right
    * Choose WebOS Internals Feed (all) from the dropdown list at the top.
    * Select Preware from the list.
    * Press DOWNLOAD.
    * Press INSTALL.
    * If WebOS Quick Install offers to install the Package Manager Service automatically to enable tweaking, do not agree. It will install the wrong version. You must install it as detailed above.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
  4.    #4  
    Thank you,, I'll try that..
    no need to post a thanks theres a thanks button for that
    i have preware 0.9.18 i updated my feeds but it still wont work
    try list of everything
    yeah i cannot install the keyboard at all i get ipk error i updated preware and followed all directions but i can't get it to work
  9.    #9  
    I did all steps you mentioned.. Installed "Package Manager Service " But when I start installing the preware the phone freezes and webos shows installing...... 15min now and still not finished...
  10.    #10  
    I had it on "Just Charge" Do I need to change it to USB Drive?
    just charge
  12.    #12  
    Then maybe I'm doing something wrong or not up to date apps. Can you please point me to the download area/link to the latest webos and preware? Thank you
    latest webos and preware should be in the webos quick install where you are looking... if not you should still be able to run preware and update package manager service (PMS lol) and preware.

But if you are getting ipkg errors i'd recommend running the doctor and seeing if that doesn't clear up some of your problems
    If you run the "doctor" its like resetting your Pre back to default, huh?