1.    #1  
    is there any way to open a web page in a new card without having to open the keyboard and use the orange button? Its a bit of a pain having to open the keyboard everytime :-(
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    There might be a patch to use the gesture area instead of the keyboard, idk though.
    You could use the 'new card' option in the menu, but not to open a link in a new card.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    You could use the 'new card' option in the menu, but not to open a link in a new card.
    There's a patch for that...but it requires the keyboard each time
  5.    #5  
    oh well back to the orange button then, i like to have several windows open and flick between them in full gesture mode :-)
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    There might be a patch to use the gesture area instead of the keyboard, idk though.
    yes there is, that's how I browse. Will try to remember to look for it's name later.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Last edited by Goyena; 01/27/2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Forgot to sing out "There's a patch for that!"
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  8.    #8  
    Still need the keyboard for that :-(
    Was hoping for something like hold gesture area and tap link to open in a new card, like when opening a link from a text/email so it opened but leaves the original open as well, its how i browse on my desktop using SrWare Iron (Chrome alike)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Dang. Sorry; I have no pre to test. Just trying to be helpful. How about this one:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2090564
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Here's the one you want... lets you hold a finger anywhere on the gesture area and tap a link to get advanced options, including "Open In New Card".

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...text-menu.html
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  11.    #11  
    Thanks evryone for your help, it looks like its going to be my first "patch" (stock till now), i believe it 99% safe now due to the AU in preware, is that right? Any pointers for a 1st time patcher?
    BTW im in the UK running 1.3.5.2 on O2 network

Thaks