1.    #1  
    I know they both have more or less the same stuff, pre ware obviously has alot more, but over the months since I've got this phone, I've EPR'd a few times, re-installed patches etc,. but sometimes things go astray

is there a diff. between each? what's better? is it better to stay consistent ?
    preware
    They will both be pretty much the same. Both of them will install and update your patches just fine. You should be able to switch between them easy enough now that the new patch infrastructure is in place.

Preware is much more convenient and easier to use. I use it just for that reason.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Preware is more convenient, but if something goes wrong, you can normally use QI to bail you out before Doctoring or Repairing. QI also can "ftp" to and from the phone without needing a terminal for those quick one-off file transfers. IMO, keep using Preware, but keep QI nearby...
    I Prefer QI, To me it seems more stable and less prone to Patch removal errors. In any case I would recommend choosing one and sticking with it.
    Preware for convenience in mobile patching. wosqi for patching en-masse, command line, and fixing botched installs. I use both.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    With AUPT (Auto Update Patch Technology), Preware is the way to go. OTA patch updates that can remain in place during WebOS updates.
    WOSQI will have AUPT in the very near future.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I mainly use Preware, but sometimes someone will post the IPK for an awesome patch that doesn't make it to Preware for a few days and i'll need WQI to put it on if I don't want to wait.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I use Preware because this is a smartphone...it is not meant to be tied to a computer. WOSQI requires a usb connection to install anything while Preware does everything Over The Air (OTA).

Preware rocks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Preware for convenience in mobile patching. wosqi for patching en-masse, command line, and fixing botched installs. I use both.
    exactly! Preware is great, but being somewhat comfortable with webosqi can save you from some mistakes or when something just doesn't go right.