Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A few days ago I posted an beta App and patch especially for the GSM model, that adjust listed Contact numbers automatically, depending on ones location: home or abroad. The 'home' country and the country to visit have to specified once through a wizard, see the iDialPlan homebrew App

That posting has screen shots and a description. The basic features of the dial-plan are:
    • On the fly adjustment of Contact numbers so it is dialed OK from abroad, i.e change 020 555 6767 into +31 20 555 6767. The listing in Contacts is not changed.
    • Automatic on-the fly support for call through Service Providers such as Voipbuster and calling cards access numbers for calls to abroad, i.e. +31 (0)20 555 2323 changed into 030 3119 0303 pp 0031 20 555 2323. The local access number, post & prefixes and pauses are automatically inserted at the right place when dialing a Contact outside one's homeland.
    • Other (non-international) adjustments of contact phone numbers during call time possible, i.e. a landline listing number without an area code like 555 8989 is changed into 020 555 8989 . (Or to the international equivalent when calling form abroad to home.)
    • The dial plan adjustments are fully programmable by the user, should that be needed in special cases.
    • Optional (recommended) integration of the dialplan in the Pre standard dialer.

Thought it is worthwhile to mention the posting on this GSM subforum too.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 11/27/2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: sample numbers added, SMSi added in title
    How do I install this app?
  3.    #3  
    As long as the App is not in the cataloge, perhaps downloading it to a PC is best. Here are the links for the App and the patch. Then drop the App on WebOS Quick Install v2.96. If you like the results, do the same for the patch.

Thanks for your interest. This week I'll update the App to version 0.501 (the patch is already upgraded) with some minor corrections including the right on-the-fly adjustment for 8 digit telephone numbers listed in Contacts without an area code. They are used in the UK and Germany.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 02/02/2010 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Links added
    this should run on cdma too. I installed it, can't use it?
  5.    #5  
    Agree, should run, did not test it on CDMA though.
    Please explain "can't use it?". Do you get errors, blank screens, no adjustments etc?
    no adjustment screen. Where should it appear? From dial screen preference? How I installed was loaded it on quickinstall & hit install. That's it. Are you the maker of this software? Can you mail me some detailed pictures of different screen shot?
    Last edited by vishalsheth; 02/02/2010 at 08:22 PM.
  7.    #7  
    You probably installed the patch only? You have to install the App , drop that on quick install and start it as a regular app. Then the setup screen appears.

Then if you like it, install the patch. If you indeed have installed the patch only, leave it. It does not harm if installed before the app. It just does not do anything.

Extra screen shots are available at the end of the homebrew post .That post also has a link to the app.
    I installed nl.itura.idialplan_0.5.0_all.ipk file. nothing is happening.

What I'm wanting to do is my numbers are in international format, that is, +(country code) (city code) (phone number). When I dial I want to set rules as in change + to 00 or 011 or allow it to add calling cards. would this do it? I like magical which is for ppc. you can check that to know what I'm talking about.

Got it. Thanks. It's working for me. This is not the full version so I hope it doesn't stop working at any point.
    Last edited by vishalsheth; 02/03/2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: added details.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vishalsheth View Post
    I installed nl.itura.idialplan_0.5.0_all.ipk file. nothing is happening.

What I'm wanting to do is my numbers are in international format, that is, +(country code) (city code) (phone number). When I dial I want to set rules as in change + to 00 or 011 or allow it to add calling cards. would this do it? I like magical which is for ppc. you can check that to know what I'm talking about.
    Do you have a a yellow iDP icon on the Launcher? If so, what happens when you start that?

iDialPlan is exactly doing what you want I think i.e.

Suppose +31 70 555 1212 is your listing in contacts. Supposing you live in country 49, then that number is changed for dialing only (!) into:

'calling card access num' pause 00 31 70 555 1212 'calling card terminator'
    or to
    00 31 70 555 1212 if you have not specified a calling card number
    or to
    070 555 1212 if happen to be in country 31 and setup iDP 'abroad' country as 31

Local numbers, i.e. +49 20 4444 7878 for country 49 are not adjusted that way, supposing you live in 49. They dial as 020 4444 7878 supposing 0 is setup as national access

All is happening automatically, and during call time. However you can setup your own rules. Many more changes are automated.

The setup is NOT during dial time. I hope the setup is so flexible that you don't have to make changes during call time. Yet, should that be needed, the internal dialer in the App can display the adjusted number before dialing.

Are we talking and understanding each other? I appreciate your efforts, it is a beta.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 02/03/2010 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Setup during call time and local numbers
    i am experience a challange with your program and patch.

i am using the abroad mode(infact whats the difference between home and abroad?)

when i am just dialing a simple number e.g 12345678

the program adjust my number to 1234567

it seems to limit to 7 digits?
    i live here in singapore phone numbers are 8 digits.

Chris
  11.    #11  
    Indeed a bug, you can either wait for the next release, probably this Friday or do the following:
    - Check (tag) 'use my PhRE' (Phone Regular Expression) on abroad
    - That will copy the PhRE to the user editable PhRE field
    - Find and exchange the 7 and the 8
    -That should solve it, leave 'use my PhRE' tagged!

Adding an area code to a 7 or 8 digit number is one the few examples that uses adjustment based on number length (inflexible), the rest of the rules are based on patterns.

The home plan is not finished, it will be optimized for calls out of your homeland and activating it will be available in the full version only.

Please don't invest YET in designing you own PhRE. The Friday release will have a major update in field naming and in explanation in the Help file.
    the number gets converted but the caller I'd info also changes. With your program on, it only shows the number. While otherwise it shows photo too.
    if this can work on sms then it would be great for me.
  13.    #13  
    the number gets converted but the caller I'd info also changes. With your program on, it only shows the number. While otherwise it shows photo too.
    if this can work on sms then it would be great for me.
    Just to be sure I understand it, is this for outgoing or ingoing calls?
    For outgoing, the receiver of the call should not see any change.

For ingoing I'll have to check what could cause that, seems strange but it could be that the code patched is used for both ingoing and outgoing.
    for outgoing and incoming calls, the photo of the caller does not show. The name of the caller also is not displayed.

Can this work with sms?
    Last edited by vishalsheth; 02/08/2010 at 11:58 AM.
  15.    #15  
    Version 0.6 is out, see the homebrew thread
    The Caller ID issue unfortunately could not be incorporated, still have to investigate that issue.

0.6 release highlights:
    - Comments behind a Contact number are stripped off, if preceded by a /
    - Support for countries that have no area codes or no national access digit or a national access 'zero' requirement for international calls
    - Special symbol codes in expressions changed and documented well, I believe....
    See release notes in the above thread for further details.
  16.    #16  
    Can this work with sms?
    Still investigating, appreciate any input on the SMS topic
    In patch 5 I was able to get the picture. It did not happen earlier.
    Installed 6 now. Would give you my feedback for it.
    I was geting pictures in patch 5. It did not happen initially.
    Installed 6. Would keep you updated.
    i just installed version 6. dialing abroad no longer adds the international code.

i did the default value resets
  20.    #20  
    I tried the following setup, see attached screen shot. ('I am in NL' and 'my home' is Singapore) . Tap test expression. Case 2 (r=19) shows that 4444 2323 is converted in+6544442323.

Is that the expected result? If not please supply:
    - Did you do a reset to default after installing v 0.6?
    - What are your settings for abroad and home?
    - What is your contact number (example) and what is the adjusted number?
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dick99999; 02/24/2010 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Sorry noticed you did a reset
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast