Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    never mind i got it work thanks!
    discovered a bug with webos 1.4.

in the call log/call history.

if you try to call a particular person in call history using their other phone number that needs to be converted to another number. the dialer won't call.

chris
    Just a small question: I've always found that my earlier phones automatically add my home-country code if it is not there when i call from abroad. I.e. if I have a numebr stored as (area code) (phone number) and call from abroad it phones it as (home country code) (area code) (phone number).
    Is this not the case with the pre? If so what would the need for this app be? (just curious)
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    discovered a bug with webos 1.4.

in the call log/call history.

if you try to call a particular person in call history using their other phone number that needs to be converted to another number. the dialer won't call.

chris
    Thanks. I'll see what I can do. The telephone coding is spread over many modules with many duplications of javascript. It might be that the bug correction will introduce a second module to patch, making it less survivable with OS upgrades. Like I said I'll investigate it.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Just a small question: I've always found that my earlier phones automatically add my home-country code if it is not there when i call from abroad. I.e. if I have a numebr stored as (area code) (phone number) and call from abroad it phones it as (home country code) (area code) (phone number).
    Is this not the case with the pre? If so what would the need for this app be? (just curious)
    For CDMA, the Pre indeed has an international calling option, which prefixes all 10 digit numbers with +1. I suspect this will be introduced for N.A. GSM's also, but only for +1

For 'GSM countries' the intentional dialing option is not available on the GSM Pre and would not work.

If you look at the examples given in the screenshots, and many more in the test section of the App, you'll see that just adding the country code will not work.
    - so 070 555 1212 should be changed into +31 70 555 1212
    - you are right: for 20 4444 3434 , just add the country code, however, not many people store a pure area code (without a national access zero)
    - and what about +31 (0)70 555 3434 ?

So what iDialPlan does, is giving more flexibility for storing the numbers. That certainly is needed if one scans business cards as the source for contacts.

- and what about for example Italy, Portugal, Singapore, all need different handling

And lastly, SIP prepared (when available) and call through (calling card) support. For example both SIP and most calling cards require the + to be substituted by the international access code (00, 011, 0011 etc)
    Hi Dick99999,

I'm using a Palm PrPrPr $with$ $a$ $CDMA$ $carrier$, $Smart$ $Telecom$ $in$ $Indonesia$.

All phone numbers stored in my address book (both Indonesia or international numbers) are using GSM standard, here's some real examples:

GSM cell number: +62 818968999
    CDMA cell number: +62 8811288000
    Landline: +62 (21) 3922325 (21 is area code for Jakarta)
    International GSM cell number: +86 13818008859

These formats work fine for me in any GSM phone including my iPhone 3GS, however, the CDMA carrier requires neither plus sign nor country code prefixes to dial all local numbers. Instead, all local numbers must be prefixed with 0, and for international call 01033 prefix is used followed with country code (and area code if any), so they become:

calling GSM number: 0818968999
    calling CDMA number: 08811288000
    calling Landline: 0213922325
    calling China GSM number: 010338613818008859

I attached a screenshot of my iDialPlan setting, can you please kindly tell me what I did wrong? Cause nothing worked for me.

Thanks,

Charles
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #27  
    You are right, the listed adjustments should work out of the box. And 3 out of 4 do, I have attached screenshots. I presume iDialPlanis also works on a CDMA Pre, but I cannot test that and have not had any confirmations yet. So thank you for testing ..... Anyway let's try to make it work for you.

In your case please use a trick for now in the setup: split the international access number over abroad international access and the first international call through setup. Note the reversal! See attached screenshots.

This trick is needed because you cannot use the +, I will think of a better solution.

When you say nothing worked for me, is that in the iDP internal dialer (screenshot Internal dialerx) or with the Pre standard dialer?
    - If it is the Pre Standard dialer, did you install the patch too? That is required for integration of iDP in the Pre standard dialer.
    - If you installed the patch too, what happens if you dial 99991, hit green and read the displayed number. The display should read 999911. Dial it using the soft keypad of the std. dialer.

There is a trick to test numbers easily.
    - Make a contact test entry for example Indonesia ,with the four numbers you mentioned
    - Start iDialplan. If you get the std. setup screen, do the back gesture to get into the iDP internal dialer.
    - Untick the tick field before the call button
    - Hit findcontact and type Indonesia, the test entry you made in contacts
    - Hit the numbers one by one, the converted number will appear on the bottom, next to the dial button.
    - After 4 hits, goto the abroad dialplan and hit test.
    - The 4 numbers from the the test entry will appear at the end, and stay there for every test as long as iDialplan is not terminated. If the test screen is garbled, hold-tap on the test output to get a larger display field.

I will get back on the failing conversion, number 3 in your list. That conversion is wrong, sorry for that.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dick99999; 04/08/2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: CDMA remark
    Dear Dick99999, thank you very much for helping. I have applied the 0.6.01 patch now and after reboot, it worked. When I say nothing worked previously, it didn't work with the PrPrPr $standard$ $dialer$.

I just copied your settings and I can successfully dial GSM Cell, CDMA cell and International (China) GSM. Number 3, which is Local landline is not yet working.

Another phone number format I have which I forgot to mention is International landline, for example +61 (2) 92711244. It should be dialed as 0103361292711244.

When you release full version of iDialplan, sign me up as your first paid user.

Can you please tell me your name and email address? My email is shanghaidaddy at me dotcom.

Thank you.

Regards,

Charles.
    I think you should now rename iDialplan's tagline to Automatic universal phone number format adjustments for Palm PrPrPr.

10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    I will get back on the failing conversion, number 3 in your list. That conversion is wrong, sorry for that.
    Here is a temp solution for converting
    National landline: +62 (21) 3922325 (21 is area code for Jakarta)
    into

Use the 'own PhRE' capability and replace that own PhRE by the following PhRE:

(iah)(ch)(nhq)\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)(or)(iah)(cv)(lvq)(pq)(or)(iah)1(pq)(or)(iah)(\d{3}|\d{2})(lvq)(.*)(o r)(iah)(pq)(or)(nhp)(pq)(or)(nh)(pq)(or)(ahzp)(pq)(or)(axp)(pq)(or)(\d{3})(\d{7}|\d{6})(or)(\d{8}|\d {7})(or)(\*|\#)(.*)(or)(.*)

- Tag use my own PhRE,
    - That will copy the existing system PhRE
    - Select the my PhRE field, clear it
    - Paste the above expression (a single string, no end lines, returns, enters or spaces! The screenshot looks like the field contains an end of line, it has not!!

It's probably best to send that line by email to the Pre, then reply on that email to be able to use copy from the email and paste into iDialPlan. I hope the change has no side effects, my tests work OK.

You could also edit the use my own PhRE field in iDialPlan:
    - tag the use my own, then
    - just replace only the first occurrence of
    (pq)
    by
    \(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)
    - so the start of that field reads: (iah)(ch)(nhq)\(?(\d{2,4}\)?.*)(or)

The other format you mentioned +61 (2) 92711244 should work out of the box. Thanks for the suggestion on the pitch line, I'll consider that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks a lot, Dick99999. It worked!

Another question: Everytime I reboot the Palm PrPrPr, $do$ $I$ $need$ $to$ $manually$ $reenable$ $iDialplan$ $patch$ ($by$ $dialing$ $99991$ $in$ $standard$ $dialer$)?
  12.    #32  
    No,enabling is automatic once the patch is installed. Because of that, the first number dialed after a boot is replaced by the status message 9999xx indicating the enabled/disabled status of the patch. See description thread for more details.
    All other settings also survive boots or 'Luna restarts'.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 04/09/2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: typos
    Thanks to iDialplan, Dick99999. My Palm PrPrPr $Plus$ $is$ $now$ $fully$ $functional$.

Charles
  14.    #34  
    Just had a private question about the costs of international texting SMS messages over the Internet with iDialPlan SMSi (version 1 is out now)

The answer depends on the SMSi Service Provider used. iDialPlan SMSi does not force you to use a specific provider. For example if Voipbuster is used, they charge you for every SMS, however, the cost might be much, much lower than Carrier/Operator charges for international texting. There are also free SMSi (webSMS) service providers, have no experience with those.

iDialPlan SMSi does not receive SMS text messages. The normal SMS phone carrier/operator channel must be used, using (receiving through) the Pre's standard messaging app. So if that carrier charges you for receiving SMS text messages, that will not change. In Europe receiving SMS is (almost?) always free.

There are SMSi service providers that allow receiving SMS text messages over the Internet onto their server, accessible through your browser. Such a service might be free, the sender has to send SMS text messages to the phone number of the SMSi provider, not your phone number. I have not tried those.

There is one other issue that has to be considered also. Some operators do not allow SMS over 3G-Internet (or SIP or Voip or Skype traffic). They block that type of traffic. With regard to operator/carrier charges, I have not heard that anybody had to pay extra to use SMSi over 3G-Internet, the carrier just might block the traffic.
    Try the free app in the gallery check this out.

Thought this might be of general interst for iDialPlan SMSi users.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 11/27/2010 at 02:31 AM. Reason: text changes and more detail on receiving SMS
    Hello, can you update the idialplan for HP VEER to 1.0.4. currently in the app catalog i can only download version 1.0.0
  16.    #36  
    Version 1.1, likely available towards the end of this month, will better fit the screen size of the Veer and will perform better in landscape format. Some additional features, see @idialplan . I'd rather wait for that then spending time on an intermediate not well performing version.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12