1.    #1  
    I just got my palm pre plus yesterday in the mail. While playing with it for a couple hours i noticed that i have random dots on my screen. Especially when theres a white background like while texting. Idk if these are dead pixels or dirt under the screen somehow.

I was wondering if i should bring it to verizon and see if can get it switched out for a new one? I mean there not terrible, but i do notice them and they annoy me lol.

Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I got my first Pre 3 weeks ago and it has one or two dead pixels. I don't notice them anymore. If they really annoy you, return it, get a new one.
    If it's within your 30 day limit you could return it, supposedly you can fix some dead pixels.

Here are some methods I picked off a wiki-how page:
    2nd method, applying pressure to pixel:
    Damp paper towel
    Small stylus or dull pencil. (I used an odd looking stylus from a board game)

3rd method, tapping the pixel:
    Pen with cover on or another small, blunt object. (I used the back of the same stylus)

I don't know how well they'd work but you might try it before you return the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MynTi FreSh View Post
    I just got my palm pre plus yesterday in the mail. While playing with it for a couple hours i noticed that i have random dots on my screen. Especially when theres a white background like while texting. Idk if these are dead pixels or dirt under the screen somehow.

I was wondering if i should bring it to verizon and see if can get it switched out for a new one? I mean there not terrible, but i do notice them and they annoy me lol.

Any thoughts?
    MynTi FreSh,

I cannot guarantee that this is your "issue" but I do have a suggestion. Make sure the screen is off. Wipe all fingerprints and dirt off the screen with a cloth. Get either a bright flashlight OR look at the phone under a light. You will see a ton of dots in sequence, and if you look close enough you will be able to see these "dots" are connected by a graph.

These "dots" and "graph" are the touch screen sensors, and they "sense" where your finger is touching the screen. Is this what you are seeing?

Paul
    LCD screens are common for this.. Always has been there and never been fully fixed.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulRosenthal View Post
    MynTi FreSh,

I cannot guarantee that this is your "issue" but I do have a suggestion. Make sure the screen is off. Wipe all fingerprints and dirt off the screen with a cloth. Get either a bright flashlight OR look at the phone under a light. You will see a ton of dots in sequence, and if you look close enough you will be able to see these "dots" are connected by a graph.

These "dots" and "graph" are the touch screen sensors, and they "sense" where your finger is touching the screen. Is this what you are seeing?

Paul
    I do see what you are saying. They may or might not be it....i cant exactly tell. But thank you for pointing it out. I really like the palm pre plus. The OS is awesome and after reading all the problems about it i guess i kinda look for them lol. We'll see as the weeks go on =)
    Here's what you can do, use a microfiber cloth and completely wipe it down. Go into a pitch black room with a strong LED flashlight. The graph dots will actually light up when the light hits it, and the dead pixels will dissapear, but dead pixels will be more visible without the light shining on them, while the graph dots are more hidden with no strong light.
    I had one and it went away. If theres 3 or more Id get a new one.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html