1. mh8
    I have a New Pre Plus in New york City. I am trying to set up my Email using a Time Warner Road Runner POP account. The Mail comes in fine but the Road Runner outgoing server does not work. Verizon says they no longer have an outgoing SMTP server. Does anyone know how to solve this outgoing mail problem? Thanks-Mott
    my sprint syncs fine with rr acct... i remember i had to add it a couple different times before it would tho
    my understanding is that road runner NYC will not let you send outgoing mail using its server from a mobile device (still!)

For outgoing mail, I set up a gmail account. There is an option in the Pre when you set up the account to have the receiver of the email always reply to the road runner account address
  4. mh8
    can you explain the process in more detail. Do you incoming mails come to the Gamil acct.??
    i set up a second gmail account for outgoing road runner and i don't use it for incoming gmail as I have it set to direct the incoming email to my roadrunner account.

my original gmail account i left alone and it sends email via the gmail address and receives email via the gmail address.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mh8 View Post
    I have a New Pre Plus in New york City. I am trying to set up my Email using a Time Warner Road Runner POP account. The Mail comes in fine but the Road Runner outgoing server does not

work. Verizon says they no longer

have an outgoing SMTP server. Does

anyone know how to solve this
    outgoing mail problem? Thanks-
    Mott
    When I used the Nokia E71 on at&t, I was able to reply to e-mails via RR. Don't ask me how, but it did!