1.    #1  
    With my Treo I has an external antenna wired from the back of my house to the jack on the back of the Treo. This set up allowed me to use my Treo in my basement office. The signal strength went from no bars to 3 bars.

I am considering the following for the Pre
    359914 - Palm Pre Wilson Cellular Cell Phone Antenna Adapter Cable

It looks like the adapter attaches via velcro. I am concerned if velcro would interfere with the touchstone.

Any suggestions?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Inductive coupling of an antenna is a way to extend the range (although not the best). Most newer phones do not have any external antenna jack to allow access to the antenna port even for testing purposes. As for interference with a Touchstone, I do not know.
    Just to the lower left of the battery, the Palm Pre does have a diversity U.FL antenna connector/jack underneath of the black tape (see step 12 of iFixit's Palm Pre teardown). Given it's proximity to the Palm Pre's CDMA RF amp and baseband transceiver, that's the place where an expert might attach a better antenna or a signal booster.

Edit: As suggested below, here are links to vendors' femtocell offerings to improve coverage in fixed locations with broadband connectivity:

Sprint AIRAVE
    AT&T Microcell
    Verizon Network Extender
    T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling routes calls over broadband using UMA or Wi-Fi Calling enabled handsets.
    Last edited by mwarren_us; 11/01/2010 at 02:31 AM.
    How about you just get an airave?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  5.    #5  
    I retired my Wilson antenna for a 3G Femtocell. (ATT calls it a Microcell). I get 5 bars in the basement of my house.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Good lol. And i just realized that this thread is from January lol.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191