1.    #1  
    I REALLY wish Palm would allow me to purchase apps with an American Express card. It's the only thing holding me back from spending a decent amount of cash.

Anybody else waiting? Meet me outside corporate in Sunnyvale with a picket sign.
  2. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Yeah, no kidding. I tried starting a thread awhile back with the same subject, and no responses. So maybe we are the only two who have a Palm Pre and an American Express Card. Anything else wouldn't make sense, considering the app catalog might have to give up another penny on a sale.

jmf
    Why don't you use one of the real credit cards?
  4.    #4  
    Don't have a real credit card, don't want a real credit card. Credit card debt is the enemy of all mandkind.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    Yeah, no kidding. I tried starting a thread awhile back with the same subject, and no responses. So maybe we are the only two who have a Palm Pre and an American Express Card. Anything else wouldn't make sense, considering the app catalog might have to give up another penny on a sale.

jmf
    It's likely considerably more than another "penny" on a sale and a slew of other red tape.

I'd prefer to use an AMEX as well, but it's a fact of life that in this day and age you still need plastic with the Visa or MC logo on it to get through.

There's a reason why AMEX isn't as universal as those other two; most times it's not because the vendor is being on the cheap.

Best solution is to go out and buy a Visa branded gift card with your AMEX. It will cost you $3 or $4, but you'll be good to go.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post

Best solution is to go out and buy a Visa branded gift card with your AMEX. It will cost you $3 or $4, but you'll be good to go.
    That thought had crossed my mind, does that actually work?
    I really doubt it will ever happen. The the cost of an AMEX transaction to a merchant (Palm) is incredibly high... so much so that most companies will not accept those cards for small purchases.

Yes, purchasing a Visa/MC branded prepaid card with your AMEX is a workable solution.
    Most bank debit/check cards can be used as a Visa credit card...
  9. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Don't have a real credit card, don't want a real credit card. Credit card debt is the enemy of all mandkind.
    The real credit cards are really dangerous. Amex has credit cards too that I do not use. Amex charge cards require full payment every month. This is enough risk for me, thank you.

jmf
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Most bank debit/check cards can be used as a Visa credit card...
    Yeah, I'm just reluctant about giving that out since it takes money directly from my account. Getting money put back that is fraudulently removed is much more difficult than disputing a charge.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Yea I use discover for everything because of the cashback but not everyone takes that one either.
    While I have not tried it with the App Catalog specifically, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

You may have to register on the cards website so that there is an address associated with it because some online outlets require it, but other than that, you should be good to go. I know the Visa gift cards work with iTunes.
    Use your debit card....problem solved.

I REALLY wish Palm would allow me to purchase apps with an American Express card. It's the only thing holding me back from spending a decent amount of cash.

Anybody else waiting? Meet me outside corporate in Sunnyvale with a picket sign.
    yes