1.    #1  
    Shout out to worthb, creator of LaunchPoint. Thanks!

As those of you who use Evernote already know, it takes a while for the application to launch. If all you want to do is create a quick note the entire process seems very tedious.

For quick notes to myself I created a contact for "MyEN (Evernote)" in my Palm Profile with my custom Evernote e-mail address. You can find yours by logging in and clicking "Settings". Look under "Email your notes to:".

I then created an e-mail LaunchPoint that opens up a blank e-mail addressed to MyEN. This loads MUCH faster than the Evernote app. I type up my note and it's waiting for me in Evernote for tagging/moving when I get home.

Hope others find this useful!
    Jake
    That sounds like a good work around. But really whats the deal that Evernote has failed thus far to add off line access. Evernote had such promise for me and others I'm sure. But until my Evernote memos are cached locally on the device, I have no meaningful use for Evernote. BTW, enabling local cache of memos would also almost certainly speed up the process of creating a quick note. The problem here falls squarely on Evernote too. Note that other Devs have no problem writing memo apps with sync and local storage.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
  3.    #3  
    Yeah. Well the original iPhone Evernote app didn't offer offline access either, but they got it updated. I'm sure this is something that we'll see in a future update.
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    That sounds like a good work around. But really whats the deal that Evernote has failed thus far to add off line access. Evernote had such promise for me and others I'm sure. But until my Evernote memos are cached locally on the device, I have no meaningful use for Evernote. BTW, enabling local cache of memos would also almost certainly speed up the process of creating a quick note. The problem here falls squarely on Evernote too. Note that other Devs have no problem writing memo apps with sync and local storage.
    Evernote couldn't add offline storage in the past, because Palm had seriously limited the amount of storage available to an app. And note that with EN we're talking about hundreds of megabytes of storage, not just hundreds of kilobytes as with tasks, calendar, etc., and also note that some of the apps that do store large amounts of data locally (e.g., DrPodder) still haven't made it into the App Catalog likely because they aren't using official APIs. Now that Palm has opened up the media drive, this should change.

I believe this was a similar limitation on the iPhone, which when it was relieved allow EN to start caching locally. I think we'll see this on the Pre sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by wynand32; 01/27/2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Well I look forward to it. Whenever Precentral's homepage lists new Apps and updated Apps, I always check, just hoping that Evernote has updated. Well, I guess more patience.

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Evernote couldn't add offline storage in the past, because Palm had seriously limited the amount of storage available to an app. And note that we EN we're talking about hundreds of megabytes of storage, not just hundreds of kilobytes as with tasks, calendar, etc., and also note that some of the apps that did store large amounts of data locally (e.g., DrPodder) still haven't made it into the App Catalog likely because they aren't using official APIs. Now that Palm has opened up the media drive, this should change.

I believe this was a similar limitation on the iPhone, which when it was relieved allow EN to start caching locally. I think we'll see this on the Pre sooner rather than later.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
  6.    #6  
    Definitely, I'll be ecstatic when they add this kind of support.

It'd also be nice if Palm would give access to the microphone so we can add voice notes to Evernote. Oh, and maybe get a little thing called Shazam. o.0
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magicjj View Post
    Shout out to worthb, creator of LaunchPoint. Thanks!

As those of you who use Evernote already know, it takes a while for the application to launch. If all you want to do is create a quick note the entire process seems very tedious.

For quick notes to myself I created a contact for "MyEN (Evernote)" in my Palm Profile with my custom Evernote e-mail address. You can find yours by logging in and clicking "Settings". Look under "Email your notes to:".

I then created an e-mail LaunchPoint that opens up a blank e-mail addressed to MyEN. This loads MUCH faster than the Evernote app. I type up my note and it's waiting for me in Evernote for tagging/moving when I get home.

Hope others find this useful!
    Jake
    Great tip; I wasn't aware of emailing to Evernote, I just started using it. My variation combines Evernote with Jott and my Jawbone Icon.

The Icon has a Jott application that calls Jott when I press and hold the talk button.

I then respond to Jott's prompt of who to call with
    "Evernote" and can speak my note which is then emailed to Evernote.

Wow - notes to Evernote without touching the phone or computer!
    Last edited by jimhuff; 01/30/2010 at 07:49 AM.
    FrankenPre2!!!