1.    #1  
    ok so i was having some problems dl/installing patches in the past, so i decided to reset my phone, however i didnt uninstall the patches b4 i reset the phone because i figured the FULL ERASE would get rid of ALL of it and reset it back to when it came out of the factory, and when the phone came back on, things like the battery and % were still in the top bar, part of the theme i had was still apparant, and other things like so were still there. ive since full reset the phone 2 times more and since those times it has gotten better and better however now i cannot run patches like the EPR and more patches r becoming obsolete for me to use. im thinking that im going to do a full reset and take it to the sprint store and see what they say, however one of my questions is does by adding unauthorized apps, patches, etc. void the warranty of the service plan that i bought through sprint? can someone help me out with this situation and just give me some ideas of what i can do? any and ALL input is very much appreciated. thx in advance

***edit*** the EPR is working now for some reason but im still having similar problems with patches, and one thing i forgot to note was that the last time i did the full reset, app icons that i dled from the actual app store were still there, and when the backup database tried to reinstall them it said operation failed, yet the icon for the app was still there and was unable to be used.
  2. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Huh?
  3.    #3  
    something u dont understand?
    If you are running 1.3.5.1 I would download the WebOS Doctor and use that to restore your Pre to factory. Here is the link: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar

Also, if you have trouble getting the doctor to run, check out this page. How To Recover - WebOS Internals
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    If you are running 1.3.5.1 I would download the WebOS Doctor and use that to restore your Pre to factory. Here is the link: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar

Also, if you have trouble getting the doctor to run, check out this page. How To Recover - WebOS Internals

does the webos doctor work differently than the full reset option sprint has within the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    does the webos doctor work differently than the full reset option sprint has within the phone?
    Yes. WebOSDoctor returns all the file on your Pre back to the factory settings. The Full Erase just erases all of your apps and app data as well as anything stored on your USB partition. WebOSDoctor is probably the easiest thing to do just to be done with it since you have already done a full erase. If you had not done a full erase and were worried about losing call logs, text messages, etc. then I would have pointed you to Jason's WebOSRepairUtility. If you want to use that you can find it here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html

Basically, what the RepairUtility does is compare each of the files that make up the WebOS on your phone and replace any that are different with the stock files located in the WebOSDoctor.

I hope this all makes sense and I didn't confuse everything more. Like I said though, at this point, the easiest thing to do would be to run WebOSDoctor and start fresh.
  7.    #7  
    Yes. WebOSDoctor returns all the file on your Pre back to the factory settings. The Full Erase just erases all of your apps and app data as well as anything stored on your USB partition. WebOSDoctor is probably the easiest thing to do just to be done with it since you have already done a full erase. If you had not done a full erase and were worried about losing call logs, text messages, etc. then I would have pointed you to Jason's WebOSRepairUtility. If you want to use that you can find it here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html

Basically, what the RepairUtility does is compare each of the files that make up the WebOS on your phone and replace any that are different with the stock files located in the WebOSDoctor.

I hope this all makes sense and I didn't confuse everything more. Like I said though, at this point, the easiest thing to do would be to run WebOSDoctor and start fresh.

thx a lot, ill give that a go cuz i did the full erase today for the 3rd time in like 4 days to try and correct the problem. ill update once its done. thanks again!!!
  8.    #8  
    ok so im trying to do the webos doctor, and ive gotten through the part where it is "configuring novacomd" and that status bar is done, and now the next screen is "connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable. do not remove the battery......" and the next button isnt popping up even though my phone has been plugged into my comp during the whole configuration process in the step b4. i looked at the help page on the webos website and it says that the next button isnt illuminated because the process can take up to 15 min if ur running vista or xp on ur comp. however, it isnt very specific with which process it is talking about and i am running vista. tips plz
    ok so im trying to do the webos doctor, and ive gotten through the part where it is "configuring novacomd" and that status bar is done, and now the next screen is "connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable. do not remove the battery......" and the next button isnt popping up even though my phone has been plugged into my comp during the whole configuration process in the step b4. i looked at the help page on the webos website and it says that the next button isnt illuminated because the process can take up to 15 min if ur running vista or xp on ur comp. however, it isnt very specific with which process it is talking about and i am running vista. tips plz
    Get the doctor to where the next is grayed out without having your phone connected to the computer. Pull the battery from your phone. Hold down the up volume button. Insert the battery, turn the phone on, and continue to hold the volume up button. A white USB symbol should show up on the phone. Plug your phone into your computer. The next button should no longer be gray. Click it. You can release the up volume button when it starts running. See if that works.
  10.    #10  
    Get the doctor to where the next is grayed out without having your phone connected to the computer. Pull the battery from your phone. Hold down the up volume button. Insert the battery, turn the phone on, and continue to hold the volume up button. A white USB symbol should show up on the phone. Plug your phone into your computer. The next button should no longer be gray. Click it. You can release the up volume button when it starts running. See if that works.

i tried that and it didnt work, so i decided to go to the sprint store and just have them wipe it back to factory settings, and firstly the reason that wasnt working was because the volume up button is broken(of course), so they didnt even wipe it back to factory settings, and as it turns out they r going to send me a replacement that ill have by friday. thanks again though for all of your help, 2 thumbs way up
    i tried that and it didnt work, so i decided to go to the sprint store and just have them wipe it back to factory settings, and firstly the reason that wasnt working was because the volume up button is broken(of course), so they didnt even wipe it back to factory settings, and as it turns out they r going to send me a replacement that ill have by friday. thanks again though for all of your help, 2 thumbs way up
    Well, glad you got it figured out. Ultimately, if you do not want to wait until you get a new phone to reset to factory, there is another route. You can call sprint at *2 and request your MSL (master subsidy lock). Tell them your phone is messed up and that Palm told you to obtain your MSL code. It helps to play somewhat dumb. Once you get that, go into your phone app and dial ##786# (##RTN#). Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and there should be a reset button. Click it, enter your MSL code, and reset your phone. This should also get rid of any broken patch files. See if that works for ya. (It should )